• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Indian air force leather jacket

CombatWombat

Just came by a Indian Air Force jacket....no idea if it's legit but the leather on it feels amazing....thick yet soft and has handwarmer pockets that are big enough for my butter plate hands !
I'll post pictures when I'm home from work tonight.

CombatWombat

I didn't think it's legitimate because it's in English....yet it's on the official Indian Air Force shop site?
16508515015601847341430339269508.jpg
1650851529236306300034612714253.jpg
16508515673551948944418111100265.jpg
1650851589438121063671455436962.jpg

mulceber

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me. English is one of the national languages of India. The other obvious choice would be Hindi, but whereas most of the South resents the fact that Hindi is a national language (the South speaks a family of languages that aren't even related to Hindi), English is about equally agreeable (and disagreeable) to everyone.

CombatWombat

Actually, it wouldn't surprise me. English is one of the national languages of India. The other obvious choice would be Hindi, but whereas most of the South resents the fact that Hindi is a national language (the South speaks a family of languages that aren't even related to Hindi), English is about equally agreeable (and disagreeable) to everyone.
I guess when you're a artificially created state with a Hodge podge of cultures and languages you just make do

Chandler

Specially manufactured for Indian Air Force... by Members Only?

This jacket begs the question, India has an air force*? Pardon my ignorance, but I wouldn't have thought so.

*Yeah, what do I know?

Shanghai-Mayne

Indian pilot training in russian , didn’t wearing jacket when Russian pilot did.
IMG_7823.jpeg

In second pic , Indian pilot , third one in left , who wearing a jacket, but I am sure it is a Russian jacket.

IMG_7826.jpeg

CombatWombat

Specially manufactured for Indian Air Force... by Members Only?

This jacket begs the question, India has an air force*? Pardon my ignorance, but I wouldn't have thought so.

*Yeah, what do I know?
India has a pretty strong air force.....
I also found out that this jacket is more like a "academy jacket" than a operational/working dress jacket.
Apparently it's something that you can buy for graduation rather than issued for combat/training