• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Import Charges

Just curious.
Anyone in the U.S. received a jacket from ELC recently and been charged the import fee? I know it's a little hit or miss on whether one gets charged or not. I've had it go both ways with jackets from various company's abroad like Aero, ELC, RMNZ. It's been awhile since I ordered anything, but I have an A-2 on the way from ELC and I wanted to know what sort of charge to anticipate if I get hit this time.

Thanks

Falcon_52

I had to pay duty on a Rough Wear B-3 that I bought directly from Eastman about a year and a half ago. I think it was around $80 - $90. A little painful but no where near the pain that our British friends feel when they have to pay customs on imports.

Noel

RCSignals

The carrier has a lot of lee way in this regard. They can decide to just send a package on or process it for Customs. I've had good experience with parcels sent Fed Ex, even UPs, by mail and Parcel Force, but DHL almost always results in a Customs/duty charge and other processing fees.

Flyderf

I was charged a $65 fee by UPS for 'customs fees' for a jacket sent from Aero Leather to the USA. I've heard it hit or miss with the fee. I just assume I'm going to have to pay the government ransom to get the box released.