• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ike Jacket info...

Im looking to buy a ww2 Ike Jacket, just need some help on sizing etc.
There are a million on ebay but how does the sizing work? I am 42 to 44'' chest or a large in most jackets, most of the jackets listed are 34 36 etc. I know most blokes were not as us tubby as us in those days but is a 34 really really small or do they use a unique sizing method? Also some say 36 small and 36 large. Any help wold be appreciated.

Cheers

Paul

ausreenactor

G'day..

They were for the bulk between 36R and 40R. "Not the size of dog in the fight, but the size of the fight in the dog!!"

42R are available from time to time on eBay. Did you intend badging it? At The Front do a good repro, and they are on sale up to 42R
for $60. I picked one up for $45 on eBay yesterday. Brand new. Shipping via EMS only though. At $60 you would still be likely to recoup the bulk of the outlay if you were to sell it on..

Couchy

a2 fng

They fit larger than the labelled size-well at least thats what i have found.

Im a 40"" chest and can easily fit into a labelled 38R and sometimes comfortably even into a 36R.

FtrPlt

The Ike's do run about a sizer larger than indicated. They were intended to be part of a layered system and a sweater was intended to be worn underneath the jacket -- hence the slightly larger size.

I've picked up size 42R originals pretty easily. Watch eBay and you'll see one within a few weeks.