• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I Spiewak & Sons L-2 reproduction/EAA B-17 Edition

dav3469

Last month I was able to take a flight on the EAA B-17 Aluminum Overcast. Those that took the flight could purchase a EAA B-17 edition L-2 jacket.

I thought I would share my thoughts and some pictures of the I Spiewak & Sons jacket. I have also included some pictures comparing it to my Alpha L-2B, and my vintage Rolen L-2B.

The jacket is XXL, while the Alpha and Rolen are XL. The XXL fits well, but is actually a bit "roomy". The XL's fit, but are a bit snug and are short as is usual with many of these jackets I have learned.

The quality is good, and the embroidery excellent. Another plus is that it is USA made. On the downside, the nylon material itself seems a bit light as compared to the Alpha and Rolen jackets.

The jacket was a bit steep (still less than 200.00) but a portion of the prices goes back to the EAA to support the B-17 program was my understanding. If not for this, I would not have purchased it. I looked at the I Spiewak website, and didn't notice an L-2 style jacket being offered, so I don't know what a plain one would go for.

IMG_1199.jpg

IMG_1200.jpg

IMG_1201.jpg

IMG_1202.jpg

IMG_1198.jpg

IMG_1203.jpg

IMG_1206.jpg