• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

I can't don't get it!

zoomer

Dummy with money. I thought they were all gone.

Or maybe a Japanese. In the right circs. they are actually proud to overpay - it's a bragging point.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Roughwear said:
Unused ELC 50 Cal with a BIN which is significantly more than the price of a new one from ELC. :eek:

And bidding starts at $299.00, with no reserve .... that looks okay.

zoomer

Hey waaaait! it's not sold yet! :D So no B-i-N dummy or Eastern top dollar buyer exists.
(I guess I can't don't get it either...)
Size 46, seal steer, rust knits, Crown repro zip, AAF stamped zipflap.

Roughwear

Peter Graham said:
' I can't don't get it !' Tut tut Andrew, I thought you was were a teacher. :)

:lol: :lol: The seller needs to be taught some a basic economic truth. You don't offer a jacket with a BIN which is far more than the cost from the maker!

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Roughwear said:
:lol: :lol: The seller needs to be taught some a basic economic truth. You don't offer a jacket with a BIN which is far more than the cost from the maker!

There's no reserve, so the BIN option will go away when someone makes the first bid.

The start price is reasonable, the seller would rather let the auction run ... I don't see a problem.

A

Anonymous

I have to say that I'm with David on this one. He's committed no crime and if someone is ignorant enough to pay over the odds for something, caveat emptor.

He's realistic in his start price and just being opportunistic in trying to get more than he paid if there's someone fool enough out there not to have done their research.

I think that with BINs that are significantly higher than the start bid price that that is the case. BIN's that are just a bit above the start or realistic sell price can work but perhaps not during our current economic times.

Dave

Roughwear

deeb7 said:
Roughwear said:

There's no reserve, so the BIN option will go away when someone makes the first bid.

There must be a reserve as there has been a bid and the BIN is still there! With the weak pound the BIN is now £80 more than the price from ELC-quite mad and no one in their right mind would buy it at that price. :shock:

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Roughwear said:
There must be a reserve as there has been a bid and the BIN is still there!

I was out of date with that statement ... eBay is running a test in some categories, so it now stays on until bidding reaches 50% of the BIN amount, and if there was a reserve ... it would say so.

And I doubt that the seller is worried, at least he won't be getting asked to end early.

jacketimp

zoomer said:
Dummy with money. I thought they were all gone.

Or maybe a Japanese. In the right circs. they are actually proud to overpay - it's a bragging point.

winner from Taiwan..........