• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HPA Price Jump !

Aerosquad

Have the prices at HPA gone up dramatically ? I was eyeing a Luftwaffe jacket at $880 and now it is over $1000 ???

A

Anonymous

Re: HPA Pice Jump !

It's linked to the German economy and the Greek debt

Roughwear

ELC recently raised their prices as the cost of materials has shot up during the last few months. So it was only a matter of time before HPA raised their prices for ELC jackets.

A

Anonymous

leathers are expected to rise further due to shortage in supply, so buy now or regret it later

saunders

Aerosquad said:
Have the prices at HPA gone up dramatically ? I was eyeing a Luftwaffe jacket at $880 and now it is over $1000 ???

I've never seen the ELC Luft. jacket worn by anyone here. It does look to be a really interesting, well-made jacket. Does anyone have pics or opinions??? What color would you go for?

I was speaking w/ HPA on Monday and the increase is due to an increase from ELC. The last two increases from ELC they absorbed but they could no longer absorb any more, so this increase may appear higher than it otherwise would.

They are, however, having a killer sale on select items and sizes from Buzz. These are last-of-the line items, discontinued items, or overstock sizes. This info. should really be a separate thread from the topic here, so I guess I'll do that.

As always in life, whether getting sale items or beating price increases, those who snooze, lose ...

Have a nice day ...

Saunders

B-Man2

Just a quick opinion here guys, but I really think that these price increases are going to hurt ELC sales in the long term. The market is just about topped out for some of these high end repo's, paricularly in the current economy. Really....how many individual's can afford to walk down the street wearing a $1,000 to $1,400 jacket these days.
I think it's getting a little crazy out there.

ButteMT61

There seems no shortage of folks dishing out big bucks for jackets, iPads, fancy cars, etc. My guess is it just makes the used market go up in tandem and those of us with a filled closet will take advantage to flip for more jackets.