• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

HPA and my adventure in ordering a jacket.

Monsoon

OK, let me tell you my story.

Finally decided to pull the trigger on an OD BR B-15C (mod) from HPA. I call up and place the order sometime in September. They were very friendly and informative. I live about two hours away, so I get the jacket the next day.

I open the box and try it on. Fits fine, but weather is way too warm to wear it, so I just hang it in the closet and go on my TDY.

I get home in November. Finally have some cool days so I get the jacket and wear it. After a few times, I notice that the right sleeve is twisted somehow. My wife and I check it, and she says that the inner lining has been sewn crooked to the outer shell and it’s twisting.

I call up HPA and speak with Charles. He tells me to ship the jacket back and they’ll take a look at it. Send it to him and give him a call a few days later. Sure enough, it’s a screw up and they contacted Tokyo to get another since they don’t have one in stock.

Right after Thanksgiving, I get a call from Charles. They found one and it’s being shipped from Tokyo. Good deal.

I get the jacket on Monday (19 Dec) and try it on. Fits great and no twisted sleeve. All is well. Go to unsnap an inner pocket and it breaks. You’ve got to be yanking me!

Another call to HPA. Their response? “You’ve got to be yanking me!” (or something along those lines).

Got a bunch of apologies from Charles and told to ship it back to him. They’re going to repair the snap (the male portion popped apart, an easy fix). If they run into problems, they’ll just ship me another jacket.

Through this all, HPA has been really great. No problems with calls, etc. Charles couldn’t believe that the same person had such bad luck with two different problems with the same style of jacket.

All in all, I'd do business with them again. They probably don't want to hear from me, tho. :lol:

dujardin

really no luck on this (those)jacket(s).

it seems that HPA and Charles have a good after sale services

asian may copy everything, but they simply copy..... :lol: :lol: :lol:

dmar836

Nice to hear a positive take on an otherwise frustrating situation.
Thanks for posting and hope all is well.
Dave
P.S. Pics wearing the B-15, or it didn't happen!

Falcon_52

That's quite a story. It's suprising to me that a Buzz jacket would have these type of issues. You must have been really unlucky. :( I'm glad everything worked out in the end though.

Noel

Monsoon

Falcon_52 said:
It's surprising to me that a Buzz jacket would have these type of issues.

That's exactly what Charles said to me many times. He was surprised that a Buzz jacket had those problems, and that it happened twice to the same customer!

ghq1

It's pretty easy to buy some blackened brass 21 ligne snaps and snap setter for way less than shipping it back and forth

Monsoon

ghq1 said:
It's pretty easy to buy some blackened brass 21 ligne snaps and snap setter for way less than shipping it back and forth

I have a snap setter but I don't think I could bunch the fabric up enough to easily set the snap. If it was the female portion, it would have been a no-brainer.