• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Horse Oil - Could it be the best leather conditioner on earth?

Skyhawk

I agree with all of that. Edit: IDK about the sheepskin comment that just appeared as I was writing this... but the other few posts.
This could be the ultimate of the natural deep conditioners and if I find that it is, I will put it in my toolkit. This is for application on very old jackets, not Repros. I am thinking this stuff would be great to treat especially dry areas, I don't think it would be a replacement for the other all natural conditioner I use. It has no waxes either so it will not waterproof the leather like beeswax or petrolium jelly. You would need to follow up with another conditioner to get those benefits.

Jackets are a lot more delicate than tack. Different thickness of hides, different processing, etc.

flyincowboy

Been working in a saddlery upholstery shop for years Done a lot of leather cleaning and treatment there is a lot of products natural and petroleum based . My old fellows said natural stuff are the best and keep the secret mixture secret.