• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Horrific Price

Peter Graham

The main zipper is a replacement and the sleeve zippers have lost their pullers. I'd pay £75 if I was drunk, which I normally am.

Peter Graham said:
The main zipper is a replacement and the sleeve zippers have lost their pullers. I'd pay £75 if I was drunk, which I normally am.
Haha! Me too.
For instance...right now...
Bring on the buy-it-nows...
(no joke)

John Lever

Miles_Archer said:
Peter Graham said:
Haha! Me too.
For instance...right now...
Bring on the buy-it-nows...
(no joke)

You as well ?

spitfire

Peter Graham said:

£75.00 is about what i price it at aswell.The leather has been totally stripped of it's main cover,and all that is left is a very worn suede leather.bluebottle and myself have irvins like that,except mike's has better leather than mine.with mine,i applied two coats of pecard leather cream,and it just looked greasy,murky and dull with no look of leather.
The leather looks in the same condition as when i got mine.the previous owner of my jacket told me that the jacket he sold me,had been lying in very damp conditions for a couple of decades,covered in mud,woodlice worms etc.All i can assume,judging by the pictures of that over expensive jacket,is that it has been lying about in the same conditions,and the guy has had it totally re stitched,and a replacement collar fitted.
I paid about £150.00 for my battered old irvin.when it arrived,i felt i had paid too much.but saying that,i'm glad i got it.

spitfire

this irvin, has just sold on ebay for £226.00

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... B:TB6:UK:2

The over all leather condition is pretty decent for it to warrant that price in my mind.it is a shame about the rips though.to be honest,if it did not have the rips,i would only have paid £226.00 for it myself,as i think,that is all it is worth.even with the rips,it's in a much better condition than those wildly over priced irvins.i think some sellers need to seriously come down to earth,especially when the old * WHIZZ * * BANG * * I CAN SELL IT FOR A FORTUNE TO SOME MUG * springs into their greedy little minds.