• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

History Bunker WW1 Imperial German Pilots Jacket

Kermit3D

A nice picture that put in its context some objects that Pilot shows us (the helmet, the glasses and of course the coat) :

049-german-aircrew.jpg

144-capt-barker.jpg

Last edited:

Kermit3D

I don't know anything about this type of coat, but I have the impression that there are several variants ? some are more short than others, the location of the pockets also changes.

seeker

the History Bunker makes some great stuff! Most of their leathers are made somewhere else and are made to order. they are excellent for the money. sometimes the hardware is not so great but the worksmaship is about as good as it gets Not terribly high end leather but it does the job. They will also do custom sizing. I really liked the jacket I am pictured in but ultimately could not pull it off. Really no appropriate place to wear it. What are you dressed up as, a Spy?

i have always likes the look of a trench coat
my wife got me one that i i had warren for over 20 years untill it fell apart
so i thought it was time to invest in a new one ...i ended up buying 2
the fist one is very much a dress coat that i had made by a man in Canada
but i wanted somting a little more rugged so i had the History bunker make me one
but i did not see i could have got it in brown untill after i placed the order
but i still like the look of it
it is on it's way but fedex is running a l;little slow so it still may be a day or so
it must be fairly thick leather fedex has the weight of the package at 10.1 lbs / 4.58 kgs

Last edited:

Pilot

The originals… from the 1930/1940…
Will put them for sale or use the leather and liner for our NOS Hartmann‘s
D7619555-64CF-4E34-A9B3-90EF0138DBD8.jpeg
C30D1702-B54A-48AF-B9F6-94533C23DABA.jpeg
DA88E35A-361D-4F54-8A5D-8B1C3F1EDFAE.jpeg
48EDEA1E-AEDB-4E72-A4C1-D0EAA9DF1E16.jpeg

ausreenactor

As a little detail or side note…
Chest / Torso seams in leather jackets hardly existed prior 1930/40… just a little observation and about details and accuracy ( at least for details…within „Imperial „ Germany ).
Happy to be convinced otherwise..
Protein portions through the roof after rationing ceased. ;)

CBI

at this point, if I were in the market for a leather long coat, I would purchase one of the MANY used vintage ones on eBay. I am not referencing to any sort of military version but there are many 50's, 60's, 70's long coats for sale for under $100 that would do the job for me. I don't think these things sell too well so they are very inexpensive.

Pilot

A few more of those… and still no chest pleats/seam..
Note the standard „ Feldgrau „ felt collars, which is another typical detail on issued WWI Imperial Fliegermantel.
Most will be going for sale.
93B7F826-DD17-47A3-8897-1ECBEC5DEF0E.jpeg
604A2D3C-6183-420D-BD0E-F2DF8499BDFD.jpeg
B7255D39-1FE9-43FD-8193-27A1281F754F.jpeg
4B9485BA-F703-4612-8BE2-FCA77A05A9E1.jpeg