• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Hijacked auctions

Andrew

I came across this today, it might be useful for anyone who links images to their ebay auctions using photobucket or similar- which is what I do- something Simon clued me into as you get to post better pics on your auction for free. This auction has nothing to do with VLJ but it is an example of a plagiarised auction that's been hijacked by the original owner with pretty funny results.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 0275659152

I could be wrong but from what I can make out the plagiariser (?) makes a copy of an auction (presumably to try to sell something they don't have)and also uses the original sellers picture server which is hosting the shots in the body of the text. In this case the original seller has discovered this and has reposted alternative pics including text using the same file names on the server, so the auction winds up getting new content.

It may be a rare thing but I for one do my auctions this way and i'd be dumbfounded if i saw one of my auctions appear without knowing this.

greyhound52

This occured to me and Grant. Hijacked auctions using the same everything. I even got a second chance offer from someone in China for one of Grant's jackets. Great...