• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

hh cable is back on ebay

Silver Surfer

damn nice jac, but both sleeves have dry rot. though repairable, it would only be a temporary fix. the prob with repairing dry rot blow through, tears,hander burn, etc, is that the area around the fix is compremised [dry rot is usually not isolated to just a small patch], thereby weakening the surrounding area. that said, the question is: what other aeras of the leather are thinned by rot? as i remember, this jac originally came from sneako, so as a collector, i remain wary. if it were offered at $700, i would take a chance at the repairs.

Roughwear

I hope it sells, but it is not a really a robust wearer and the price may need to fall quite a lot further to entice a buyer. Apart from the damage it's a nice jacket and a relatively rare contract. A certain ex-member has a lot to answer for IMO as the damage was never mentioned in his description when David bought it last month. :roll:

asiamiles

Hopefully both parties will be happy with the outcome. I have to say, I'm more than a little surprised a forum member decided to take the plunge as - and feel free to correct me if I'm wrong - hasn't it always been the general consensus on VLJ that one should steer well away from anything with dry rot as it's unfixable making the item essentially worthless it being only a matter of time before it goes completely? Even the buyer seems aware of this.