• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

He's at it again

jack aranda

Good morning:
I'm new in town. Who he? And what's he at again, please? Is this a bait-and-switch? Or some other flavor of false dealing? Or just a harmless 'squirrel' loose at ebay? I've knocked around the leather jacket section of the ebay universe for several years; I don't recall ever seeing this lad's listings before. Thanks. BTW, I enjoy your thorough, thoughtful commentary, Andrew.

Roughwear

Welcome to the forum Jake. The seller uses two Ebay names, the one through which he is selling the Aero and another-Allamericanhero. He has a tendancy for playing down the defects in a jacket and overstating the good points. It is likely he changed he Ebay name because of the flack he received from buyers.

Clark J

And don't forget he'll sell something via private bidders and and a month or so later it will show again for sale.I think he sold that one big A-2 with no eppies 3 or 4 times didn't he?

Roughwear

Clark J said:
And don't forget he'll sell something via private bidders and and a month or so later it will show again for sale.I think he sold that one big A-2 with no eppies 3 or 4 times didn't he?

How could I forget! His jackets certainly are touched with the boomerang effect! :lol:

jacketimp

i think his pivate id for buyers is just a con.........my theory is that he has his buddies schiilling to suss out waht a geniune bidder will bid at the highest price.

hence if his mates overschill , then it comes on again and the BIN price is now reflective of how much he can get away.

of couse i'm a conspiracy theorist....... :twisted:

Roughwear

jacketimp said:
i think his pivate id for buyers is just a con.........my theory is that he has his buddies schiilling to suss out waht a geniune bidder will bid at the highest price.

hence if his mates overschill , then it comes on again and the BIN price is now reflective of how much he can get away.

This does make sense detective Inspector Imp.

jacketimp

Roughwear said:
jacketimp said:

This does make sense detective Inspector Imp.

you believe in conspiracy theory now?

Roughwear

Well it does seem likely from what you say. Have you kept a list of the user ID of the "buyers" who "bought" his jackets prior to them re-appearing for sale again? ;)

jacketimp

Roughwear said:

Well it does seem likely from what you say. Have you kept a list of the user ID of the "buyers" who "bought" his jackets prior to them re-appearing for sale again? ;)

uh uh it's under private so bidders' ids are protected........protected from the prying eyes of the ebay cops.......

that's sierra's -spawn... modus operandi.......

jacketimp

jack aranda said:
Gee, maybe I should let him have my quote... ;)

jake, relevant quote.

that's how the trouble started..........two bit talent with a three bit ambition..another way of looking at it: two piece punk in a three piece suit.........

that i believe, is waht caused the financial blood-bath on wall street.....

just my two cent observation........

Roughwear

jacketimp said:
Roughwear said:

uh uh it's under private so biddres' ids are protected........protected from the prying eyes of the ebay cops.......

that's sierra-spawn... modus operandi.......

So perhaps one of his identities is used to bid on an item listed under the other?

jacketimp

Roughwear said:
jacketimp said:
[uh uh it's under private so biddres' ids are protected........protected from the prying eyes of the ebay cops.......

that's sierra-spawn... modus operandi.......

So perhaps one of his identities is used to bid on an item listed under the other?

you're cotton-ing on swimmingly, my man!

Roughwear

Thanks Imp. Of course his practice would be difficult to report to Ebay even if one wanted to. A solution might be for Ebay to prevent the use of private identities. Afterall they seem keen to make life as hard as possible for the seller, with the change of rules over feedback etc..

jacketimp

Roughwear said:
Thanks Imp. Of course his practice would be difficult to report to Ebay even if one wanted to. A solution might be for Ebay to prevent the use of private identities. Afterall they seem keen to make life as hard as possible for the seller, with the change of rules over feedback etc..

ebay basically screws the sellers.........buyers too..... now with the winners id's encoded.........and no pm unless you've dealt with each other before.

just makes it harder for buyer and seller to deal off ebay........all in the name of protection of course......protecting ebay's self interest.....