• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help with Pricing 1984 Aero custom

Tony Ward

Value help. I purchased this jacket in 2019 off eBay. It just doesn’t get any wear and I’m trying to pinpoint fair value to post in the classifieds here. I talked to Ken at Aero back then and he confirmed it was a 1984 Connolly Steerhide. Overall in decent shape, 2 holes in the cuffs…wear throughout

I looked through the rules prior and didn’t see anything against posting help for value so I hope this is ok. Located in the US. Thanks

Also, I think this same jacket was once tried to be passed off as an “original” by IMA. Listing was then removed from their site.

41FAA80C-77F6-4E48-8399-FFC41C901C71.jpeg
817E3407-39F4-4F78-94A0-663F58929CE4.jpeg
Maybe in 2017?

bseal

Hunch is that it may be a rather old Indian symbol appropriated by the Germans…

johnwayne

Painted jackets are not for everyone of course. Although I really like them, and certainly originals, I personally would wear one out and about and have only ever seen anyone else wearing one at an airshow! That said and to value, you know what you paid and therefore maybe what you like to get for it? Try it here perhaps and see if theres any takers or ebay with a reserve!
Connolly leather incidentally is what was/is used in Rolls Royce cars, not that it increase its value!!!