• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

help to make patchs

Damien

Hi,

I want to make patchs myself. I don't have originals so I want have some examples of diameter's patchs.
I think that there weren't standard size but if you can give me an idea....

thanks!

Tim P

a 5 inch patch is what you need. this was a standard size. Deviations were, of course commonplace but this was the norm.

dujardin

helloo and welcome,

good to have another patch lover and maybe patch maker.

take a look on this photo and pay attention to the different size for the same patch, or is it an optical illusion??
398BG 603BS
398BG603BS.jpg

byeeeeeeeeee marcel

EMBLEMHUNTER

patches varied in both the leather,cloth and felt types sometimes due to being made at different times and or different makers, if you really look around all the sites-books etc you can see this at times in photos etc, ost were as mentioned in a 5 inch range.

drew parker

When I make a patch I like to hold the size down, that way if you ever need to change the patch you won't have to make to big of a patch to cover the holes. Remember these jacket's are repo's and have a lot of life in them and are bought and sold. It could mean the difference in a sale. As mentioned above a cd works great, it is 4.75 in dia. You can use it as a template to cut your patch. Use a x-acto knife and they come out great.