• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help! New Nylon Addiction

Cobblers161

I recently bought an MA-1 off the bay, it was '62 Skyline and I paid a little over the odds. The problem I have is I absolutely love it. It's possibly a little small but despite this it has spurned a new obsession, one that I probably didn't need but will nurture regardless.

I've had nylon repro's prior to this and currently still own a Buzz L-2 but there is something rather special in owning an original.

So..... If anyone has a any 50's/60's MA-1's out there for sale in a med or large just let me know as I'm on the lookout! Also early L-2B's!

Cheers!

A

Anonymous

Surplus shop in norwich has a 60's (I think) L-2b in mint condition. I think it is a medium.

Call Steve on 01630 665585 Hoopers Surplus.

Dave

Peter Graham

I told you the nylon bug would bite. I've got a 63 Wisconson N-2B for sale. Medium size, black label, coyote fur, blackened Conmars. Perfect for next winter, suit you sir. £50.

havocpaul

The nylon 'bug' bites hard indeed! I've owned and worn many over several decades and nothing feels as comfortable as a good fitting MA-1. Last year at Duxford there was a guy stalled up next to us who had a massive selection of vintage nylon jackets for sale, I was constantly sneaking over to his stand and trying them on but it was also mid Springsteen tour and funds were short, I hope he returns in July (the jacket guy not the Boss!).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts