• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help needed about this jacket....

tefouane

Hi Guys!
Can the experts tell me if this Pike Brothers G1 is a good repro?
The measurements of the XL are exactly what I'm searching for....
Thanks for the kind help!

B-Man2

Hi
For the asking price of €679.00 I would consider looking at an AVI Jacket or take some time and try to find an original USN G-1 on EBay . Both options are considerably less expensive than the Pile Bros jacket and while an original USN G-1 might be difficult for you to find, it’s a better jacket. The AVI jacket seems to be liked by many here as well . Good luck with whatever you decide.

bn1966

Don’t know about the accuracy but as a long standing buyer of Pike products I would expect the G-1 to be well made.

tefouane

Hi
For the asking price of €679.00 I would consider looking at an AVI Jacket or take some time and try to find an original USN G-1 on EBay . Both options are considerably less expensive than the Pile Bros jacket and while an original USN G-1 might be difficult for you to find, it’s a better jacket. The AVI jacket seems to be liked by many here as well . Good luck with whatever you decide.

Thanks but the AVI will not fit me because of sleeves lenght. I'm afraid that original will be the same. I have long arms and need minimum for 27' in the sleeves in size L or XL....

Brettafett

Mate, I have long arms. AVI will add length, you juts need to write it in the 'notes' box when you order. Or email Morten. No extra charge!
Both my G-1 and M-422A have an inch added to sleeves.

Pike bros make an ok jacket. Not accurate to any specific original though... I tried their A-2 a while back, returned it. Their jackets are house models, nice enough, well made, but for that money there are better options. No offence intended to anyone.
I'd buy an AVI A-2 or G-1/ M-422A over Pike any day... I'd even buy a Cockpit G-1 rather, even though they come up short.

Totally agree with Burt, If you cant find an original for half the price of a Pike, then go AVI.

Brettafett

In fact, depending where you are, these guys are having a 15% off promo at the moment on Cockpit jackets.
www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/help-needed-about-this-jacket.27978/
Coupon Code CINCO

With AVI, you have to proceed to checkout and you will see a notes box. You can add comments, request added length or specific lengths etc... and other requests there.
I copy and pasted the same in an email to them also.
Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 09.27.28.png

tefouane

In fact, depending where you are, these guys are having a 15% off promo at the moment on Cockpit jackets.
www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/help-needed-about-this-jacket.27978/
Coupon Code CINCO

With AVI, you have to proceed to checkout and you will see a notes box. You can add comments, request added length or specific lengths etc... and other requests there.
I copy and pasted the same in an email to them also.
View attachment 78569

Thanks Brettafett. I haven't seen this option to ask for custom measurements. So now I have to choose between M422-a and G1. I still have a Fivestar M422-a and find it too snug. Need for more space to wear sweater under it....

tefouane

I haven't the link where I can have 15% off on cockpit. I have seen the 100 mission which is nice but can't find sizing chart for it....

Brettafett

Well, the 55J14 is a trimmer pattern in the body/torso, with slightly wider shoulders.
The M-422A is a bit more forgiving and overall an easier jacket I think.
In both cases you will definitely need to go up at least one size from your chest, depending on body type.

With my M-422A I could even go up 2 sizes if I wanted to layer...
So, with a 40" chest, mine is a 42 'long' fits fine, slightly trim when fully zipped. I could go with a 44 for a more forgiving, classic WW2 fit.

With LegendaryUSA I added the promo code for you. Meauremnt chart should be there, same as the Top Gun heroes jackets. Definitely go up a size.
If you sign up to legendary USA you get a 10 or 15% promo code anyway.

CombatWombat

I'd go with AVI Denmark....I have two ordered (HH russet A2 and the M442) and the guys walked me through a proper fitting so my orangutan like arms,wide shoulders and longer than usual torso are properly fitted without looking baggy in other places