• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help Identifying Vintage Leather Jacket

JEWilson

Dear All,

First post on the forum. Greetings!

I am seeking help in the identification of a vintage heavy leather jacket with a fur collar.
Please further refer to the attached hi-res images to the ends sought.
At a guess, reckon this is 1940s/1950s perhaps later.
In some respects is similar or has some features in common with something like a Russian Officers Jacket.
I cannot say whether/not, the collar is real or faux fur.
Additionally, the jacket lining appears to be consistent with those or what is described or referred to, as a blanket lining.
The jacket is very heavy and overall in good condition and the hide leather of the item is not scratched, damaged or otherwise
affected or consistent with heavy use.
Last, there are no labels in or on the jacket which would make identification any easier. Sorry.
Despite this, in the pictures attached, there is a marking on the blanket lining but I have no idea if this
is a maker's mark or something otherwise.

Being honest, the intention for the item is, as sought, first, if possible, to identify same with a view to
determining a value reflecting it's characteristics, generally good state and condition with a view to onward sale.

Thanks in advance for any/all help and assistance you may be able to provide.
Sincerely,
J

Attachments

• DSCF9339.JPG
    DSCF9339.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 137
  • DSCF9340.JPG
    DSCF9340.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 151
  • DSCF9342.JPG
    DSCF9342.JPG
    1.4 MB · Views: 129
  • DSCF9346.JPG
    DSCF9346.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 133

MikeyB-17

Hi. No expert but I reckon that’s a Swedish Army coat-don’t know if it’s an officer’s or dispatch rider’s. Appreciate your honesty regarding resale value, but we don’t do valuations here. However you can see quite a few for sale online which should give you an idea. I believe those three black marks on the liner may have been Swedish crowns.

MikeyB-17

Looking at a few online, I would guess earlier in that timescale, because it looks like the later ones have a black fleece-like lining, whilst the earlier ones have the blanket lining. But I’m only surmising, I know squat about these things TBH.