• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Help identifying age/era of ALC Irvin Jacket

OrganicLee

I recently acquired this Irvin jacket and was wondering if any of you kind and knowledgable folk could i.d. the age/era that this was produced? It has a polyacrylic type coating which I have not seen before on newer Irvins. Could this potentially be from the late 70's - early 80's perhaps?
fullsizeoutput_52f0.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_52f1.jpeg
fullsizeoutput_52f4.jpeg
IMG_2346.JPG
IMG_2345.JPG
IMG_2349.JPG

Dumpster D

My wildest guess is it could be from the early- mid 1980's maybe? Someone here posted to a television series about the Battle of Britain from about 1984 and they wore something like these in the film... fantastic budget Jacket, that much is for sure.

Vaguely remember seeing adverts for these in sports magazines being marketed towards men who owned a vintage sports car like a Triumph.

I still regret not buying one of these 20 years ago when I had the chance, but not the cash.

OrganicLee

My wildest guess is it could be from the early- mid 1980's maybe? Someone here posted to a television series about the Battle of Britain from about 1984 and they wore something like these in the film... fantastic budget Jacket, that much is for sure.

Vaguely remember seeing adverts for these in sports magazines being marketed towards men who owned a vintage sports car like a Triumph.

I still regret not buying one of these 20 years ago when I had the chance, but not the cash.
Thanks for your input, appreciated!