• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

help identify this

rory13

Hello. The jacket in the photo was lost in a house move and was my favourite jacket ever. I m trying to find more about it so i can buy the same or similar again but after spending ages nothing has come up. Unfortunately i am not certain of the brand but the interior had the distinctive red pattern that schott jackets have. It was bought in TK Maxx UK stores. The colour was a matte fading black-gunmetal grey that's hard to find. Please help if it reminds someone something. [ http://postimg.org/image/g5cicsf1t/]

MikeyB-17

Hello mate. Aah, TK Maxx. Had some bargains there myself, including a Schott jacket, which I didn't keep very long. Not a lot to go on there-I see an elbow patch and what looks like a Velcro collar tab, and a zip side pocket. Was it actually leather, that looks a bit like that painted 'leather-look' fabric stuff they make jackets from these days? What else can you tell us? Did it have a collar, is it short/three quarter length, any other pockets, zips, other distinguishing features? I'm assuming Schott aren't making anything similar. Have a look at Lewis leathers or Aero Leather Clothing's sites, and see if they do anything like it-although you will pay a lot more from them than you would at TK's. Otherwise I think I would be scanning Ebay on a regular basis.

rory13

Hi again. Yes it was real leather and very heavy one. The fading black matte color with a hint of graphite grey is the hard part to find and what i m actually seeking. The overall design is a bomber type. The interior i think was polyester and the color was some dark red chequered pattern, few brands feature that same pattern. Also the small collar, like in bomber jackets had on its interior side a dark corduroy material. No velcro, but the main zipper as you can see has leather covering it, a feature quite rare in bomber like designs. One zipped internal pocket and the main zip (dark brass color) had a piece of leather attached. Unfortunately the quality of the photo is bad, otherwise perhaps a bit of photoshop could reveal some branding on zip. It was bought on December 2010. Any leather specific magazines or some sort of database i could check out ? As far as i remember it wasn't some world famous brand like diesel or Levi's and the main logo i think was white with red fading letters if i recall correctly (could be wrong though). Manufacturer websites feature only their latest creations unfortunately. I ve browsed several thousands of listings on ebay but no luck so far. Thanks for the help.

Smithy

If you have trouble finding a replacement but can remember the details about the jacket (pattern, fit, detailing), you might want to get in touch with Will at Alexander Leathers and have a chat about them making you a version.

rory13

After lots of search on ebay i believe it is made of a brand called petrol, they have a faded red star brand symbol that remonded me of my old jacket. Problem is i cant find somewhere that they sell this brand or an official website. Very awkward name for a brand if you re trying to search for it on google. Does the brand ring someone 's bell ?

Roughwear

I'm familiar with Petrol branded jackets. I own a 1980s black MC jacket made by them. I don't know when they ceased to trade.