• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Have you ever heard of the USN 37J2 Jacket?

Skyhawk

I have heard it mentioned and always was curious about this jacket. Did it exist? Was it just another amended 37J1?

Recently I obtained the USN Specifications for all the 37J1 series jackets! The leather 37J1 all the way through to the 37J2.
Here it is. Many have seen it. It has been around but never identified by it's real name because no one had the Specs.
37J2-Snip.jpg

37J1-Fig-Redact.jpg

This has been called "The Navy's First Deck Jacket" but I think the design had more in mind than the deck. It is an interesting jacket and I think it was possibly designed as a general work coat. Deck, Submarine, Aviation, etc.
There is solid evidence that some squadrons were using these as flight jackets:
37J2-Jackets.jpg

Smithy

Yeah, I'm really not interested in hearing about more of Jay's research/advertisements for his products until @London Cabbie tells us that he got his jacket or a refund.

Couldn't agree more Jan.

So many people have been fucked over by Jay and Headwind and then to come on here as if nothing has happened is beyond disgusting.

We had so many people on here over the last couple of years asking about Headwind "where's my jacket, they've taken my money, I've tried to contact them but heard nothing".

And then for Jay to come on here like nothing has happened is beyond the pale.

How on earth anyone could trust sending Jay and Headwind money for an order now is beyond me.

An exceedingly crooked and dodgy company which only a simpleton would entrust their money with.

To clarify all of this...

Funny how Jay still hasn't explained how he took Stew's money for a jacket back in 2019, never delivered it, never answered Stew's repeated emails nearly 2 years after he ordered and basically took his money and never replied.

Jay is the worst and most immoral jacket provider there is. Don't buy anything from him as chances are you'll never get anything and he'll take your money anyway.

Skyhawk

Let's let the customers chime in about who did and did not get jackets instead of just supposing and theorizing what happened. I have contacted everyone so there will be no one who did not get a refund or a jacket.

Smithy

Let's let the customers chime in about who did and did not get jackets instead of just supposing and theorizing what happened. I have contacted everyone so there will be no one who did not get a refund or a jacket.

Stew ordered back in October 2019 and you still hadn't fulfilled or answered his enquiries about where his jacket was in September 2021.

That's 1 month shy of 2 years you shifty bastard.

Why did Stew post this if you are such a great stand up guy Jay? BTW that's a rhetorical question, from the link it shows you're a thieving arsehole, or at the absolute least not one to honour customer's orders when you said you would.

https://www.vintageleatherjackets.org/threads/headwind-goldsmith.26953/#post-324784

Smithy

The thing I hate is cowards.

If you make a mistake, own it. Be a man and say "I fucked up, I'm sorry".

I hate, no, I utterly DETEST people who try and squirm out of their mistakes by making excuses, blaming others, etc.

If you make a mistake, cowboy up and own it. I won't necessarily be impressed by what you did but I'll at least think you're a man with balls and principles to own what you've done.

B-Man2

I just have one question Jay.
Why wouldn’t you return a customers emails after allegedly taking his full payment for a jacket? It seems like such an easy thing to do. Cabbie said that he emailed you and asked for a jacket or a return of his money.
A simple return email would have shown good faith on your part. But according to Cabbie he never received a response for two years. It seems like such a simple thing to do.

Last edited:

johnwayne

Just looked at Headwinds website and very last line states ‘Production time for all our jackets is between 6-12 weeks for delivery’! Fraudulent and misleading to say the least, nor did I see any testimonials!!
Anyone here live near Portland? Sounds like a visit might be required!!!

Smithy

I think what makes this worse is the acting from Jay like nothing happened or was wrong.

I'm sure he had problems with the COVID situation but so did a lot of people.

Stew is a London cab driver - just imagine how much business dropped off for him during lockdown in 2020.

It's still no excuse for what happened. To go at least 2 years without supplying the jacket ordered or refunding Stew's money is inexcusable. To also not respond to Stew's emails over such a long period is also inexcusable.

This is all compounded by how Jay treated Burt with his order. And added to that was others who came on here and said they hadn't received ordered jackets or refunds. So it looks like a common pattern for how Headwind treat their customers.

And once again what is so egregious about all this is Jay's complete inability to grow a pair and own it. As I said above, it doesn't make the situation disappear but it would say something at least halfway commendable about Jay's character if he was man enough to take responsibility for his mistakes.

bseal

The thing I hate is cowards.

If you make a mistake, own it. Be a man and say "I fucked up, I'm sorry".

I hate, no, I utterly DETEST people who try and squirm out of their mistakes by making excuses, blaming others, etc.

If you make a mistake, cowboy up and own it. I won't necessarily be impressed by what you did but I'll at least think you're a man with balls and principles to own what you've done.
16616AF9-6583-42B0-8FD5-93F5AF217BF3.jpeg

Juanito

Just looked at Headwinds website and very last line states ‘Production time for all our jackets is between 6-12 weeks for delivery’! Fraudulent and misleading to say the least, nor did I see any testimonials!!
Anyone here live near Portland? Sounds like a visit might be required!!!
Yes, I live in the Portland area and work downtown. Jay is out on the east side, I think in Gresham?

CombatWombat

Hmmm, a statement of intent or one of disappointment :D
;)
A statement of "I paid this donghead about 2 months ago for a jacket to make a jacket on his fleaBay store"
Silly me thought he was like Shawn Ali or the Greek that runs Thedi......a decent bloke who is more interested in making jackets than money

B-Man2

A statement of "I paid this donghead about 2 months ago for a jacket to make a jacket on his fleaBay store"
Silly me thought he was like Shawn Ali or the Greek that runs Thedi......a decent bloke who is more interested in making jackets than money
So CW are you saying Jay still owes you a jacket? Has he contacted you to give you a delivery date ? What was the delivery date he quoted you when you purchased the jacket?

Skyhawk

Is that the 37J1 size 42? If so your jacket just came out of production yesterday. I will be shipping it out on Monday. It was completed within the promised time. Sorry for the crap photos. I will take some more in the daylight. Just wanted to get some posted.
IMG_20220825_175514798-PhotoRoom.png

IMG_20220825_175107366-PhotoRoom.png

IMG_20220825_175612767-PhotoRoom.png