• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has anyone heard of Morgan Productions?

MorningDiamond

Seems to be something strange going on with the jacket in the OP. I did a bit of digging, and found a thread from this forum started by Technonut. He saw a Morgan jacket on EBay, and contacted Bob Morgan’s wife to ask about it. It seems that the Bob Morgan jackets were made in Japan by Nakata Shoten, with similar labels to the OP jacket, but it looks like something horrible has been done to the leather on that one, or it’s been made by somebody else, because they didn’t look anything like that. That looks thin, flaky and like it’s been dragged through a hedge backwards. The Morgan A-2 looks like a pretty reasonable repro. Don’t want to Nick anyone’s photos, but it’s a completely different animal. Quick Google of ‘Bob Morgan A-2’ will reveal all.
Yeah that was the post I had a look at b4. It had the name on it just didn't know too much aside from the fact that there were some decent mij repros out there and wondered if the one in the listing was one of them.

MorningDiamond

I would recommend after many years playing this game, that you either save up for a good repop, or buy a used good repop here or TFL (thefedoralounge.com).
Just trying to save you the pain...but up to you.
I also would have you look at Thurston Bros in Seattle, WA. Lots of items in stock and ready to own.

Scott
As much as I would love to save up and buy one of the higher end jackets like an Aero or Eastman fresh out of the box, it's not looking much like a possibility for me atm but hopefully in the near future. That's why for now I'm just looking around for a decent used repro that I can have to pull off the look without having to break the bank that I can possibly resell later to fund one of the higher end stuff.

You mentioned that there were people selling jackets here and TFL, is there a classified page where people post listings that I'm not aware of?

MikeyB-17

Yeah that was the post I had a look at b4. It had the name on it just didn't know too much aside from the fact that there were some decent mij repros out there and wondered if the one in the listing was one of them.
There are indeed, and a Bob Morgan repro A-2 would ordinarily be one, although there are of course plenty better. Either that one has been seriously messed with, or it’s been made by somebody else, because, label aside, it bears no resemblance to the jacket Technonut was referring to in his post.
The Buy/sell section is where we offer used jackets for sale, but you need to have had an account for at least 90 days, and minimum 25 posts to use it.

Brettafett

As much as I would love to save up and buy one of the higher end jackets like an Aero or Eastman fresh out of the box, it's not looking much like a possibility for me atm but hopefully in the near future. That's why for now I'm just looking around for a decent used repro that I can have to pull off the look without having to break the bank that I can possibly resell later to fund one of the higher end stuff.
You mentioned that there were people selling jackets here and TFL, is there a classified page where people post listings that I'm not aware of?

You may need to be posting a while before you can access this?

Brettafett

Btw, there are some decent Avirex A-2s on Ebay. Pretty nice jackets... Earlier 80s he better.

You've stated your budget, but its worth mentioning... If you're a patient fellow and can scrape a couple more hundred $$
You honestly cannot go wrong with one of Platon's Dubow A-2s... https://jadubowmfg.com/a-2-jackets/
Extremely good high end repro of the Dubow 27798.

You cannot get a better high end A-2 repro for the money. Period.
If you get one of these, you don't need another A-2...

Last edited:

MorningDiamond

Btw, there are some decent Avirex A-2s on Ebay. Pretty nice jackets... Earlier 80s he better.

You've stated your budget, but its worth mentioning... If you're a patient fellow and can scrape a couple more hundred $$
You honestly cannot go wrong with one of Platon's Dubow A-2s... https://jadubowmfg.com/a-2-jackets/
Extremely good high end repro of the Dubow 27798.

You cannot get a better high end A-2 repro for the money. Period.
If you get one of these, you don't need another A-2...
The idea is tempting I'll definitely give it a thought, maybe save up as a Christmas present to myself. Thanks for letting me know of this brand, I only thought the good ones were ELC, Aero, Real McCoys etc.

ButteMT61

If you're set on getting something that is not mid/top shelf right now, www.cockpitusa.com and www.uswings.com have less expensive jackets. Also, lots of old Coopers on eBay - not again stuff that is going to get love here, but we all have to start somewhere, and it can help you learn some things without going broke.

B-Man2

Around a 40R
If you haven’t given it a try yet, you might just go through the past few months of “jackets for sale” offerings in that section. Many of the jackets listed 6 months ago are still available for sale and probably at lower prices than they were initially offered at. You never can tell, you just may find something that fits all of your needs .

MorningDiamond

If you haven’t given it a try yet, you might just go through the past few months of “jackets for sale” offerings in that section. Many of the jackets listed 6 months ago are still available for sale and probably at lower prices than they were initially offered at. You never can tell, you just may find something that fits all of your needs .
Ahh okay I'll definitely have a look and keep my eye out there in the future