• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Har har, I strike again!

MikeyB-17

Once again I cynically take advantage of an ebay seller who doesn't know what they're selling! This 'MA-2' is in fact a CWU-45/P, can't make out the maker but looks in excellent nick. Non-bi-swing, don't know the year of manufacture. Don't know yet whether to keep it or move it on, we'll see when it arrives!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MA-2-Flight-J ... 7982960%26

MikeyB-17

About time I got around to posting some pics of this-would have managed it half an hour ago if it wasn't for Photobucket's lousy new site, which is even worse than the old one IMHO. Anyway, as previously stated, I dived on this CWU-45/P which was wrongly listed as an 'MA-2' (no such thing, AFAIK) by an uninformed seller. First time I've had a non bi-swing version, pretty clear from the pics it was in good shape. On receipt I was surprised to find it was a 1984 contract, not a lot newer than the bi-swings-I was expecting 90's/00's. By Jaydee Sportswear, not a manufacturer I've encountered before. Obvious differences from the older versions were the colour-a brighter green than the old ones, which were much darker, longer cuffs, and a much softer feel to the whole jacket, the older ones I own are all a lot stiffer. Much more comfortable to wear, this I think being a result of the softer material, and not the lack of bi-swing-I can't honestly say I find any difference in comfort or flexibility between the two back designs. Also feels warmer, and with the current plummeting temperatures this one has been getting a lot of wear-it has taken over as my day-to-day wear-to-work jacket from the unlabelled bi-swing version I previously used. Condition is excellent, just a tiny hole on the chest where a nametag was removed, and a little hole in one of the cuffs. Scovill main zip, Serval sleeve zip, very little wear. Some very ropey stitching-in fact a whole line of stitching down the windflap was loose and came away immediately-I cannibalised the thread to repair the aforementioned holes. My initial plan was probably to sell this one on in a bit of shameless profiteering (Times is hard!), but I think I will now keep this and eventually sell the bi-swing on (I still have my 1975 bi-swing with signal pocket in the wardrobe). Apologies for the inferior pics-must replace my camera I think. Hopefully Photobucket will sort their act out and the (edited!) pics on their sides will eventually end up right way up.

DSCF4676.jpg

DSCF4677.jpg

Stitching detail-hmmmm.
DSCF4679.jpg

DSCF4678.jpg

Cobblers161

Your flies are undone.

Nice catch btw!
I'd be pretty interested to see some pics of the '75, if you can get pb to work. I had the same issues, real pile of crap to use, and was able to select the older version eventually.

Peter Graham

MikeyB-17 said:
About time I got around to posting some pics of this-would have managed it half an hour ago if it wasn't for Photobucket's lousy new site, which is even worse than the old one IMHO.

You're not wrong there mate. It's doing my head in too although you do look very relaxed in that 'lying down' photo. :)

FtrPlt

Boys,
I'm actually a little disappointed. All this talk of jackets and open flies yet no mention of the photo of the topless woman????? Just saying.

Situational awareness, gents. Situational awareness!

MikeyB-17

Ah yes, this has come up before-that is a pair of fibreglass tits being modelled by my wife at Wookey hole a few years ago. I edited them out on Photobucket, but as they still don't seem to have got their act together (they don't appear on their site, and the pic is the right way up) they're still there.