• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy Cap-er

RayR

You know, like Happy Camper =)

I am delighted with an eBay win that just came in. It is a beat-up looking Bancroft Flighter in khaki with no badge and no mention of size. Seller said he didn't want to junk it. Thank God.

_571_zps194f86e8.jpg

_57_zps16fd09a1.jpg

I thought I could straighten it out and resell it. But it turns out to be 7 1/8...My Size :D The brim is just as soft and flexible as new! Just bent from being in the wrong shape for god knows how long.
Next I rubbed the brim and strap, and head band with Pecards Leather cream. And put on an authentic Eagle I purchased for just such an occasion.

2015-02-23162036_zps894f5fbf.jpg

I worked the brim a bit and put it on this head form and made the correct shape.

2015-02-23161931_zps01cbe308.jpg

I now have a large rubber band around the brim which helps give it the correct shape. It won't be long before this baby is in top shape. The interior is just fine for its age. The headband is soft, tightly sewn, and intact

2015-02-23164041_zps4008b202.jpg

And just when you thought it couldn't get any better...it's NAMED! (in hand writing & print) :eek:

Don't be a hater, lol

Andrew

Excellent find, I have one very similar and also named (never have found out anything about him though). I like the unstructured way they lay back.
DSC_0220_zpsctmo7shf.jpg

RayR

Andrew said:
Excellent find, I have one very similar and also named (never have found out anything about him though). I like the unstructured way they lay back.
DSC_0220_zpsctmo7shf.jpg

That looks great! That's the colour this brim will be once the Picard's lotion dries completely