• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Happy Birthday A-2 contracts 1401P through 1403P on the 8th August. Celebrating the anniversary of Roughwear 1401-P, Werber 1402-P and Dubow 1403-P

Lord Flashheart

Just so I'm in good time for the 8th August it'll be the birthday of these three A-2 contracts then. If you have one of these vintage A-2 jackets or a reproduction why not dig it out, celebrate that birthday here and post a pic or share a bit of what you know about one of these contracts or your jacket.

Screenshot 2023-08-06 at 08.02.45.png

Here's my early Eastman RW 1401-P re-dyed repro picked up from @Micawber to save it from a a couple of shotgun cartridges as a freeloader. It's a 44 and I've proved I can comfortably wear a GW RW 23380 under it. So let's be generous and call it a very generous fit (even for an early Eastman).

IMG_0683.jpeg
IMG_0682.jpeg

and the obligatory, slightly cheery but not very good, fit pic ...

IMG_0685.jpeg

Spitfireace

Just so I'm in good time for the 8th August it'll be the birthday of these three A-2 contracts then. If you have one of these vintage A-2 jackets or a reproduction why not dig it out, celebrate that birthday here and post a pic or share a bit of what you know about one of these contracts or your jacket.

View attachment 116625

Here's my early Eastman RW 1401-P re-dyed repro picked up from @Micawber to save it from a a couple of shotgun cartridges as a freeloader. It's a 44 and I've proved I can comfortably wear a GW RW 23380 under it. So let's be generous and call it a very generous fit (even for an early Eastman).

View attachment 116627View attachment 116629

and the obligatory, slightly cheery but not very good, fit pic ...

View attachment 116633
I would have to say motley looking.

Lord Flashheart

If it helps I'm normally a 42 so this is simply a bit of difference in my collection and this particular 1401P repro is a very practical A-2 wearer. I fully accept my pics can be a bit contrived ;) . Maybe there's a separate thread to create to discuss re-dyes. My intention was simply to acknowledge the contracts as the anniversary came round not claim anything for my one repro. It'd be dull if we all thought the same anyway.