• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

H&L Block AN-6552

YoungMedic

First off a big thanks to several people who helped me take on this project. Thanks to B-man, John Chapman, Skyhawk and Steve Sellers. Additionally a large piece of gratitude for the gentlemen who composed the " A Better Flying Garment" thread (Lord Flashheart, Mulceber and everyone who contributed content) for which I would not have been able to make educated decisions on this venture in the first place.

I found this on Ebay earlier this year and it looked like it needed some TLC. I spoke with B-Man about his thoughts on it and he walked me through the areas of concern. After speaking back and forth with the seller I decided to pull the trigger.
s-l1600.jpg

Fortunately everything was on the up and up and the jacket arrived exactly as described. Finding reference material for these in original form is difficult to say the least so I reached out to a few people for advice and information on the original materials for knits and mouton color. John Chapman was very gracious with his time and said he has seen these with both dull purple and brown knits, he recommended replacement knits from Skyhawk who had some listed on EBAY that were from the same supplier he uses. The original Mouton color was kind of a guess, but using a few pictures of original jackets that I actually could find it would appear a caramel color was appropriate. I was able to source some and with the correct shade I wanted, along with the knits and it was off to the races. There are two names that are a constant in the vintage Navy jacket repair world and that is; Sheeley and Sellers. Steve Sellers had done some great work for me before on another G1 so I rang him up. As usual he quickly returned a grade A product, and reassured me the jacket is as solid as it appears and should make a great wearer. I am beyond happy with it. It has been my first big endeavor into a vintage jacket project and I am so grateful for the knowledge, resources and talent of the members here. Looking forward to cooler weather again this fall. Cheers ! Additional note the name tag on the jacket reads "Mr. Joe Heacock Sr." for which I have not really been able to locate any information thus far.

009.JPG

010.JPG
012.JPG

026.JPG