• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

H&L Block AN-6552 starting @ $25

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
hacker said:
I believe the contract dates for the AN-6552 only ran in 1943. Have not yet seen it differently.

Hacker

John's CD has 1943, Full Gear starts them in 1944.

Since Full Gear quotes the fiscal years, and with the 1944 fiscal year starting in 1943 ... there can't be much in it, .

Jaydee

jacketimp said:
perhaps it's a good idea to list on ebay and NOT flag it on the forum........see the flake you're getting??
I havent seen any flack lately, a few misunderstandings maybe. Like I said before, I have nothing to hide with my eBay lists. And besides, isn't this forum all about discussing the details, history and dates of vintage jackets? I don't think it's a bad idea to post an ebay listing of a jacket on a forum chock full of jacket nuts like me. :)
-Jay

jacketimp

Jaydee said:
jacketimp said:
perhaps it's a good idea to list on ebay and NOT flag it on the forum........see the flake you're getting??
I havent seen any flack lately, a few misunderstandings maybe. Like I said before, I have nothing to hide with my eBay lists. And besides, isn't this forum all about discussing the details, history and dates of vintage jackets? I don't think it's a bad idea to post an ebay listing of a jacket on a forum chock full of jacket nuts like me. :)
-Jay

you gotit!!!!

rotagz

My apologies Jay, I misread your post. After your explanation I see where I was wrong. I will now look for an English 101 class to enroll in.

Regards,
Bo

Len

I am no expert, but the US on the collar looks like it has been painted free hand, not stenciled. Is this common?

Andrew

Len said:
I am no expert, but the US on the collar looks like it has been painted free hand, not stenciled. Is this common?

Yes Len, looks like finger painting to me...

Len

That it spoils the jacket. A stencil may help date a jacket but if it isn't original then what's the point. It would be better without it. Depending on the paint used I suppose it could be rubbed off.
Is the color difference between the underside of the collar and the rest of the jacket common on jackets of that vintage?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
Len said:
Is the color difference between the underside of the collar and the rest of the jacket common on jackets of that vintage?

I'm not vouching for this one, but it can happen on these jackets. The mouton collar is a separate component made from a different type of hide.

And as Jaydee says, it's not exposed to light, or to general wear.

jacketimp

Len said:
That it spoils the jacket. A stencil may help date a jacket but if it isn't original then what's the point. It would be better without it. Depending on the paint used I suppose it could be rubbed off.

that's what i thought.........could be legit but not the usual suspect........ie stencilled

Jaydee

jacketimp said:
Len said:

that's what i thought.........could be legit but not the usual suspect........ie stencilled
Hard to say if the paint was original or not, it could have been retouched somewhere along the way. If it was, it would have been a long time ago I suspect, by the way the paint has rubbed off. I don't think it's a big deal and probably could be removed if a person wanted to. I see no evidence of an "N" lurking at the end, and with the other unique characteristics of the jacket, there's no doubt who made it and what it is.

jacketimp

Jaydee said:
jacketimp said:
Len said:

Hard to say if the paint was original or not, it could have been retouched somewhere along the way. If it was, it would have been a long time ago I suspect, by the way the paint has rubbed off. I don't think it's a big deal and probably could be removed if a person wanted to. I see no evidence of an "N" lurking at the end, and with the other unique characteristics of the jacket, there's no doubt who made it and what it is.

sure...........

jacketimp

Jaydee said:
sure...........
Really?! Next I suppose your gonna speculate that it's a homemade jacket made from Pleather, right? :lol:

which part of sure you don't understand? :?

now stop putting ideasin my head about home-made jackets...... :)

ok good luck ..........and that's unconditional!