• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

H&L Block AN-6552 starting @ $25

Jaydee

jacketimp said:
looks familiar..........listed before?
I don't think so. I found it at a vintage store here in my town. This is the first time I have listed it, but I guess it could have been listed before by someone else.

jacketimp

Jaydee said:
jacketimp said:
looks familiar..........listed before?
I don't think so. I found it at a vintage store here in my town. This is the first time I have listed it, but I guess it could have been listed before by someone else.

good luck........you're really lucky, no such luck for us brits!

Jaydee

jacketimp said:
Thanks. I could not believe it when I saw it on the rack! Shame It don't fit me, I wear a MED 40. Amazing find though. :)

jacketimp

Jaydee said:
jacketimp said:
Thanks. I could not believe it when I saw it on the rack! Shame It don't fit me, I wear a MED 40. Amazing find though. :)

you're gonna make yourself some fancy bucks!

Roughwear

What a great find Jaydee! I own a Block AN 6552 which has the original label and is marked a size 40. I believe Block AN 6552's run large. Mine is only one inch narrower across the chest and across the shoulders than yours and has the same measurements as yours down the back and down the sleeve. Yours may well have been tagged as a size 42 or 44. Good luck with it.

Jaydee

tamoko said:
Way is different color on jacket and collar ?
Because I put on a collar from another jacket :lol: I think it must be because of the sun / age, and the collar being folded over while the rest of the jacket was exposed to the elements.

hacker

Leadsky said:
Nice looking jacket but yet another without a label?

Block's are notorious for losing their tags...more so then any other 40's Navy flight jacket. Thankfully the rest of their jackets are first rate all the way......

Hacker

rpmooreii

Great jacket but it isn't a sz 46. I had a Block AN-6552 in sz 46 and the pit was 25" front and back; full 4" in diameter bigger than the one you listed. I would guess that yours is a 42 as the Block AN-6552 jackets are typically 4" in diameter larger than their stated size (yours measures 46" so 46-4 = 42). I would respectfully suggest that you change the listing to reflect the true sz as someone really looking for a sz 46 will be pretty unhappy whenj they find out it is really a sz 42.

Great looking jacket nonetheless! Good luck w/ the sale.

Here is a link to my jacket where you can see the measurements:

http://moorecustom.com/jackets/AN-6552_Block_46.htm

Jaydee

rpmooreii said:
Great jacket but it isn't a sz 46. I had a Block AN-6552 in sz 46 and the pit was 25" front and back; full 4" in diameter bigger than the one you listed. I would guess that yours is a 42 as the Block AN-6552 jackets are typically 4" in diameter larger than their stated size (yours measures 46" so 46-4 = 42). I would respectfully suggest that you change the listing to reflect the true sz as someone really looking for a sz 46 will be pretty unhappy whenj they find out it is really a sz 42.

Sounds reasonable, I know you know a lot about the Block Co.
Listing revised.

Roughwear

rpmooreii said:

Your post confirms my earlier one about the size of Block AN-6552s. This one does appear to be a size 42. It really is a shame that Block jackets often appear today minus their labels!

rotagz

Jaydee said:
tamoko said:
Because I put on a collar from another jacket :lol: I think it must be because of the sun / age, and the collar being folded over while the rest of the jacket was exposed to the elements.

So you replace a major element of the jacket without mentioning it in the listing. Caveat emptor, but the buyer may feel slightly mislead if he happens to notice. And now I have to wonder if the original collar had US or USN on it.

Grant

If it is an AN6552 it would have US under the collar.
One other mistake in the listing is the AN6552 was issued in '44 not '43.

Roughwear

Grant said:
If it is an AN6552 it would have US under the collar.
One other mistake in the listing is the AN6552 was issued in '44 not '43.

But surely the jacket in question does have US painted in yellow under the collar. I had always believed the AN 6552 series dated from 1943. I am curious to know where the evidence is for a 1944 issue date?

Jaydee

rotagz said:
Jaydee said:
tamoko said:

So you replace a major element of the jacket without mentioning it in the listing. Caveat emptor, but the buyer may feel slightly mislead if he happens to notice. And now I have to wonder if the original collar had US or USN on it.
What? :eek: No sir I would do no such thing. I was joking, thus the laughing face in the post. The color difference is most likely due to sun / weather. I did absolutely nothing to the jacket it is 100% original. Production date for the AN6552 I believe was 1943, that's what I found in my research anyway. I am honest in my listings and try to be as historically accurate as possible.
-Jay

hacker

I believe the contract dates for the AN-6552 only ran in 1943. Have not yet seen it differently.

Hacker