• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW RW 1401-P size 46

A

Anonymous

Unbelievable !!!

I really don't get it. First he comes on here ready to fight to teh death anyone who says anything bad about Good Wear, then he disappears for no known reason, then he starts to sell all his jackets.

Makes you wonder if he slunk off before he started selling coz he knew he'd get it in the neck for saying one thing and doing another !!!!

Dave :ugeek:

Cobblers161

To be fair to him I thought he dissapeared at least partly due to a user (A2Newbie I believe) giving him an unwarranted hard time, I know he had a lot of those but maybe the straw finally broke...... etc.. and he'd just had enough of childish banter.

I don't really understand the obsession with people selling their Good Wears. In Rott's case maybe he wants to fund a number of purchases, maybe he really needs the money for something else, maybe he realises he has actually bought too many, maybe he has taken stock and wants to let the ill-fitting jackets go, maybe it's non of our business.

For some peoples information ( ;) ) there are 2 ELC A-2's on the 'bay with a few hours to go and currently at less than £100.

FYI I will use a number of emoticons to highlight the fact that I am not angry and am posting this in a jovial mood. :D :D :p

ausreenactor

Gents..

Watch and wait for bids from k***r(634)! VERY keen to get hold of Makumbe's GW offerings at the moment, and a forum members recently listed Irvin...

Must be cashed to the hilt!! Has not paid for the 27752 he won, or has not received a feedback stating to that effect as yet...??

Couchy

Roughwear

jacketimp said:
yep, let's leave mr makumbe to whatever reasons he chose to sell his GWs......

yaaaaaaaawn!

Good luck to him and I hope he manages to get that elusive "ultimate" repro A2.

A

Anonymous

Hi If you look at the other items he is selling he has 2 A-2 jackets up for sale both are Good Wears the other one is a 44" RW and a motorcycle jacket .Rgds Jeff

A

Anonymous

Cobblers161 said:
To be fair to him I thought he dissapeared at least partly due to a user (A2Newbie I believe) giving him an unwarranted hard time, I know he had a lot of those but maybe the straw finally broke...... etc.. and he'd just had enough of childish banter.

I don't really understand the obsession with people selling their Good Wears. In Rott's case maybe he wants to fund a number of purchases, maybe he really needs the money for something else, maybe he realises he has actually bought too many, maybe he has taken stock and wants to let the ill-fitting jackets go, maybe it's non of our business.

For some peoples information ( ;) ) there are 2 ELC A-2's on the 'bay with a few hours to go and currently at less than £100.

FYI I will use a number of emoticons to highlight the fact that I am not angry and am posting this in a jovial mood. :D :D :p

He told me he wanted to fund other jackets from Good Wear and admitted he was hopelessly addicted to A-2 jackets,and when I asked him if he would be coming back he did not answer me .Rgds Jeff

A

Anonymous

Well, i do miss him. I'm sure he still reads - just doesn't post.

He was opinionated with a great eye for detail and a waspish tongue and definately shot from the hip. As we Brits would say : a real marmite guy ;)

I find it hard to believe that one guys words would put off a former chippie on the construction industry. Those guya ain't shrinkin' violets as I can attest having done 25 years in said industry in the UK, Europe, USA & Canada and Asia !

Maybe one day...........

Dave :ugeek:

A

Anonymous

havocpaul said:
And if you dish it out you've got to take it too.....

I think it went beyond that and was twisted into something that was malicious ,Rotenhahn did not deserve it ! The A-2 newbie was one sandwich short of a picnic ( mental problems).

Rgds Jeff

havocpaul

Can't say I followed that confrontation between them, I do know he didn't mince his words especially if one dared to praise anything but GW and it got a little tedious IMO.

A

Anonymous

Tedious or not he was usually right ,especially if the manufacturer was touting their jacket as an exact copy of an original maker .His OCD set his standards higher on what was right and seeing the Good Wear jackets pick up on the differences makers had in there style of manufacture led hime to believe other makers left them selves open to critism.Other members would of couse not find this so important and now it comes down to price when making a choice Good Wears being the most expensive and Aero & ELC are now half the price how important are those details .I take your point about being tedious and it is a valid one ,but now he is gone are we a better forum ?.

All the best Jeff :

Vcruiser

I would tend to think that Jeff quit posting simply because political banter(and members)were banned...along with personal attacks more seriously emphasized as well...rather than any member confronting him. Unfortunately..some of it did leave a bad taste with some. He wasn't the only one to quit posting. TranquilityBase even went so far as to erase any presence here. In my view..not a happy ending...
Van

rich

Vcruiser said:
I would tend to think that Jeff quit posting simply because political banter(and members)were banned...along with personal attacks more seriously emphasized as well...rather than any member confronting him. Unfortunately..some of it did leave a bad taste with some. He wasn't the only one to quit posting. TranquilityBase even went so far as to erase any presence here. In my view..not a happy ending...
Van

I tried to post something like this Van, but couldn't bring it in under 500 words - I'm glad you nailed it so well. I don't have much of a history on the forum like a lot of you guys, but it was a sorry episode and I feel a lot was lost because of it :(

Vcruiser

rich said:
Vcruiser said:
Van

I tried to post something like this Van, but couldn't bring it in under 500 words - I'm glad you nailed it so well. I don't have much of a history on the forum like a lot of you guys, but it was a sorry episode and I feel a lot was lost because of it :(

Yeah,Rich...I agree with you. I'm not sure that it could really have been handled much differently....but I think it did seem to leave a few feeling like they were now walking on egg shells...whether true or not. Both members had been here a long time.....

Andrew

Aside from those reasons he did say that he was having vision problems and that spending hours bashing out replies on the keyboard was having negative effects.