• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW russet horsehide - any pics of jackets with wear?

srivats

Folks, can someone with JC's russet horsehide post some pics of the jacket after it has had a few months' wear?

srivats

fedoralover said:
All I can offer is the Goodwear in seal horsehide. I'd like to see the russet horse too.

fedoralover

I just saw your post on FL - amazing graining. Thanks for the pics!

Lignemaginot

My GW 27753 (which I received a month ago) is russet - I'm currently thrashing around in it in China (in Beijing at the moment); will take some photos when I get back on the 19th, if that's not too late for you.
Clive

Lignemaginot

So - just got back to the US last night.

First - a photo in a market place in Shanghai (goota love that Starbucks), followed by a close-up.

copy1.jpg

copy2.jpg

Same thing at the Forbidden City in Beijing

copy3.jpg

copy4.jpg

I guess I'll have to take some close-ups of the leather to give you an idea of the actual grain after a month or of use. By far the best repro I've bought; yes. it's expensive, but it's the cut that I want, so I have no problem wearing it all the time.

srivats

Lignemaginot, those pictures are awesome. Your jacket looks fantastic and the fit is really spot-on!

Andrew

Great shots Clive, especially in those locations- drumming up some building projects???

Despite being a different manuf than mine the GW stamp is all over it.

Lignemaginot

Leadsky said:
Great shots Clive, especially in those locations- drumming up some building projects???
Fortunately, I got out of the construction business a couple of years ago and went back into academia. Turns out that my oldest boy has some learning disabilities, so I'm now the director of development for a private school that specializes in teaching to those kinds of kids... and we've got quite a few from Asian countries.

Boy those are some great shots of the jacket and the location. It fits you like a glove. My Dubow is without a doubt the most comfortable jacket I've ever owned.

fedoralover

Jason

Here are some pics of my GW Perry after about 6 months wear - I've not worn it quite as much as I'd have liked, but none the less, its starting to develop some lovely individual character and charisma.

IMG_1687.jpg

IMG_1689.jpg

This next photo is the closest to the actual colour in sunlight:
IMG_1690.jpg

A close up of the right sleeve which is getting some really nice wrinkling:
IMG_1692.jpg

A close up of the windflap where the seatbelt in the work vehicle has rubbed the finish back to the base:
IMG_1693.jpg

And a close up of the shoulder area showing some nice graining and a bit of 'fracturing' in the finish, which looked a bit out of place when the jacket was brand new, but now only adds to the overall charm:
IMG_1694.jpg

I'm looking forward to next autumn (fall) coming around. :D