• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Rough Wear combat clone on fedoralounge

tibor

In case it wasn’t seen, there’s a size 44 GW Rough Wear combat clone in dark seal Horween horsehide over on thefedoralounge. Don’t know the guy selling it but at $770, decent value:
1A5E20EF-F2D8-400B-A65C-E881F5663820.jpeg

Chandler

I was going to ask if the seller gave measurements, but I really don't want to know -- gotta keep telling myself I'm trying to thin the herd, not beef it up! :rolleyes:

Happy Hooligan

it is my size, but not tempted at that price. Not that the price is bad, just not what I'm looking for right now. If it was 500 then that's a different story.

tibor

bseal

T
Time worn/standard fit/hasty production...

Resembling a “hasty” [WWII] production is more accurate. It was constructed to look like an original with slight or modest imperfections.

From the GWLCC site:

“Our Combat Clone series has been started by customer demand, and the results have been very positive to those who like this kind of vintage looking jacket. Original jackets are sewn like this. Actually, most are far messier in their stitching, but we have a limit to how far we will go in the Combat Clone series. The jacket is rock-solid, so there's no need to worry about the jacket being weak. It looks vintage, and will age with strength and grace.”

ausreenactor

So, being Horween, is this their Chromexcel leather? Or something else?
Resembling a “hasty” [WWII] production is more accurate. It was constructed to look like an original with slight or modest imperfections.

From the GWLCC site:

“Our Combat Clone series has been started by customer demand, and the results have been very positive to those who like this kind of vintage looking jacket. Original jackets are sewn like this. Actually, most are far messier in their stitching, but we have a limit to how far we will go in the Combat Clone series. The jacket is rock-solid, so there's no need to worry about the jacket being weak. It looks vintage, and will age with strength and grace.”

Chandler

Sorry man, I'd read that -- doesn't answer my question, but thanks.

Also seems we're talking 2 different leathers.

Last edited: