• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Monarch vs Bronco

ScottoLaw

Hello,

As my production date for a GW A-2 approaches, I am between a Monarch and Bronco. I'd appreciate any wearer pics of the two and your thoughts. Thank you.

Scott

FlyingYankee

Don't know what body type you are but I find the Bronco very attractive. The pockets look like no other A-2 and the wide shoulders look great.

YoungMedic

SuinBruin said:
IMG_0718.jpg

Cheers,
Matt
This is a great looking pair!

I too am torn between a Bronco in goat or a '39 Werber. The Bronco is the business though!

FlyingYankee

My wish list is a dull russet bronco with the new golden knits. I just have to talk to JC to see if the jacket can accomadate a 53" shoulder girth or I may have to choose another contract. right now all my A-2s squeeze tight in the shoulders.

blackrat2

Will try post some pics...I have a Minarch,nice and trim round the waist and has rotated sleeves,very comfortable...speak with John to discuss your body shape as one might suit better than the other

derleicaman

Had a GW Bronco in goat some time back. Sold it on. Acquired a GW Monarch in a 48 from Clyde from Carolina and it is one of the most comfortable A-2s I have. I am 5'11" and 200 lbs. Perfect length, shoulders comfortable, and torso not too blousy with comfortable height on the arm holes. The rotated sleeves work well and give more freedom of movement. Its a great contract and very easy to wear.

Dr H

FlyingYankee said:
Is the Monarch & Star the only contract with rotated sleeves?

Doniger and Spiewak have inset/rotated sleeves as well. Wide armholes too, should ease shoulder restriction.