• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Monarch A-2 in cowhide

ButteMT61

Wow - what an amazing jacket!

front_view1.jpg

http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/MonarchA2_No6_44/

Roughwear

It just looks perfect in cowhide, although horse was certainly used in the Monarch contract cow may also have been used.

B-Man2

Good Wears are way out in front of the competition. There's no one out there that can match John's jackets.

ButteMT61

Roughwear said:
It just looks perfect in cowhide, although horse was certainly used in the Monarch contract cow may also have been used.

It does look perfect - I didn't know if the contract was available in cowhide, but knowing JC, I figured it must have been. Regardless, it's beautiful and top-notch. Drool-worthy.

blackrat2

I spoke to John about Monarchs when I got mine made,the conversation regarded the use if steer in the Monarch contract and although I can't recall the whole conversation,certainly the one he took apart was branded with a letter commonly seen on cattle,he concluded that it was probably a steer hide jacket that he was using..hope that helps
Very nice jacket and the Monarch is a very comfy jacket

dmar836

Perfect! Looks like it would age and get that puffy, thick, puckered look of the originals.
It's funny what buyers will do with lesser jackets to get that look forgetting that it took only 2 or so years of frequent wear and some storage to get that look.
It's a testament to John's choice of materials that his are the only ones aging that authentically IMO.
Dave

foster

I'm beginning to think my A2 jacket obsession is never going to subside, so long as tempting jackets like this are out there, and not at least occasionally on my back.

Looks great!

Cobblers161

We need a support group…… :D

I was clean for almost 12 months, all I did was look at a GW in the flesh and BAM I was hooked again.

It's not healthy for the bank balance of that I am sure but man do I look cool :D