• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW goat relisted 3rd time

seres

Auction 2 was WON at $887, with the second highest bidder at $877. I must have missed something, too?

archbury918

I messaged him about it. He says the last second sniper that won thought it was horsehide. I saw no mention of hide in description. So not knowing JC uses goat for the RW was the deal breaker. Reg also said he left VLJ. Only TFL now

Smithy

This sort of nonsense is why I stopped buying stuff off of fleabay on auction.

There's always some clown mucking around and trying to pull a fastie.

Let's face it, Fleabay is crap for buying anything now - actually I imagine it's crap for selling stuff now compared to the old days, because of the nonsense that goes on there.

Reg sounds like a first class idiot with the amount of buggering around he's doing.

I wouldn't buy a Xmas card from him let alone an expensive jacket.

regius

First buyer offered to buy now for $1000, so I agreed naturally. Then he didn’t like the fit so I agreed to take it back. The ending and relist made up two, now the third time (because the winner wanted horse, and I didn’t argue as I only put goat in the itemized detail, forgot to highlight in the description). As for the Aero, yes, pulled off ebay and sold via the Lounge, and I always put it on the Lounge first with a fixed price. Ebay might end up a higher figure but both due to the fee and principle, the lounge always take priority. It’s market place and you don’t have to buy from me. I don’t come here much and chose not to bother putting things here as the shipping is too high for the items worth (but if anyone wants to pay or split the freight sure). Once again, the “BS” I’m pulling here is just trying to sell the jacket at a good price, and the forum where I post first always takes priority. Thank you very much.

regius

pulled from ebay for good to only sell on TFL. Moving forward, only one market place listing at a time.

ausreenactor

Tracking that. The feedback referring to the RW was that it was a different hide to what the buyer thought it was. Somewhat acceptable for a one off sale. Binning a listing when you have bids on it is a flogging offence.

This was denated many years ago. I sold an ELC Hartmann cheaply to generate funds for an eBay listing from a VLJ member.

Then it was pulled and sold behind the scenes.

VERY frustrating...

Nickb123

It’s always seemed like a potential conundrum to list both a classified on a forum and an eBay listing simultaneously for the reasons above, yet it is done frequently. Surprised these issues haven’t been brought up in the past; I remember thoughts of this very situation emerging taking place in my head years ago when I sold on eBay. I’d think honoring the eBay contract would be the gentlemanly thing to do, but I certainly can understand the temptation to nix the auction and sell privately if the opportunity emerged.