• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW DuBow 20960

ScottoLaw

Hello everyone,

I am waiting for a GW DuBow 20960 to arrive tomorrow. Here a few pics Mr. Chapman sent to me before shipping it out.

Regards,
Scott

GW.jpg

Dubow_20960.jpg

bfrench

Administrator
ScottoLaw said:
Hello everyone,

I am waiting for a GW DuBow 20960 to arrive tomorrow. Here a few pics Mr. Chapman sent to me before shipping it out.

Regards,
Scott

Congrats, Scott.

I have one that's about two years old - absolutely bullet proof.

ScottoLaw

Thanks guys. I'll post up a few pics after it arrives. I'd love to see some pics of any other 20960's if anyone can post them up?? I went with Seal brown HH and a talon NOS zipper. :D

Regards
Scott

ScottoLaw

Thanks for the link and replies. The pics in russet look great. Mr. Chapman sent me one of his Monarch patterns in russet to size out and it was a wonderful color. As I am more of a darker brown, I decided on seal. The jacket is amazing to say the least. The leather, stitching, and knits are remarkable. I went with the DuBow because of the wide epaulets, collar stand, curved pockets, and pointed collar. I felt for me these features made the jacket pop military. Here are some pics of the new arrival. Mr. Chapman was great throughout. A real professional and gentleman. Very well worth the wait.

174.jpg

175.jpg

176.jpg

179.jpg

181.png

183-1.jpg

Silver Surfer

i have one of these 20960 gw jacs, and like other members, its a keeper. i asked john to make it in mostly smooth reddish russet hh [it was a made a coupla years ago]. because i had had a minty original that was to small for me, i wanted to replicate it as close as possible. the original had mostly smooth hides that had subtle wrinkling-creasing, as often early a-2s did, as the smoother hides were considered premium cut, and plenty of these hides were available prior to the onset of the war. the original color of the original 20960 was a reddish russet that had faded over the years to a yellow ocher russet, with residual reddish brown in the less sun exposed areas. true to the nature of hh, my jacket has plenty of wrinkling, and creases just from wearing [like the original], and, some areas like the collar, pocket flaps, upper chest, epaulets upper back, have begun to get the yellow ocher tone. all of which is characteristic of veg-aniline dying, and processing. the 29060 is one of my favorites, and i expect that it will one of yours as well.

johnwayne

Wow, very very nice indeed - can JC's jackets get any better?
I keep thinking I've enough jackets but then along comes something like this!!
Lovely jacket, I want one!!!

Cheers
Wayne

ScottoLaw

Hey Guys

Just wanted to post a few more pics. I can feel the jacket starting to form up to my body. The leather has a soft shine which I think makes it really stand out. it is form fitted so I probably wouldn't go much more than a light weight type shirt. I keep admiring the detail Mr. Chapman put into the jacket.

Scott

012-4.jpg

011-3.jpg

009-4.jpg

008-4.jpg

010-4.jpg

007-4.jpg

185.jpg

186.jpg