• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Doniger-Any Jacket Owners here?

veli1

Hello guys,

I'm in process of ordering a GW Doniger jacket from Mr. Chapman. I contacted John with several e-mails and gave him my measurements (chest, waist etc.) but I need to know how do you - the jacket owners - like your Doni (sizing, knits, color etc.). I would love to see some pics of your Doniger if possible (front, back, side view), thanks.

greyhound52

Got one from him last Dec. It was a clone of my original 44 Doniger. Perfect fit great goatskin much like my original. Fantastic jacket.

veli1

Thanks guys,

and Andrew I like your Doniger very very much-color,knits,fit etc. I hope in a couple of months I would be a proud owner of a Doniger jacket.

havocpaul

I own Doniger #1, the first one made and it is an excellent fit and the goat is amazing, has been mistaken for an original on several occasions.

veli1

Guys,

how do you prefer your A-2 (doniger) jacket? Trim/military cut especially in the arms,chest and shoulders or a blousy, oversized-baggier fit?

I'm 30 years old, 178cm(5.83 feet)tall, chest measaurement of 102 cm(40.15 inch),weigh about 78-80kg(171.96-176.36lbs). Let's be honest, I'm not a 19 years old fighter pilot (I think none of us here have the body mesurements of a WW2 airmen...) but i like trim military look/cut of the old jackets escpecialy A-2 and Navy jackets. So, any advice/tips regarding sizing and fit when ordering from John C. would be helpful, thanks.

bfrench

Administrator
veli1 said:
Guys,

how do you prefer your A-2 (doniger) jacket? Trim/military cut especially in the arms,chest and shoulders or a blousy, oversized-baggier fit?

I'm 30 years old, 178cm(5.83 feet)tall, chest measaurement of 102 cm(40.15 inch),weigh about 78-80kg(171.96-176.36lbs). Let's be honest, I'm not a 19 years old fighter pilot (I think none of us here have the body mesurements of a WW2 airmen...) but i like trim military look/cut of the old jackets escpecialy A-2 and Navy jackets. So, any advice/tips regarding sizing and fit when ordering from John C. would be helpful, thanks.

Go with a baggier fit so you can still wear it when you're 60 - very few of us get thinner and lighter as we age.

Bill French

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
bfrench said:
Go with a baggier fit so you can still wear it when you're 60 - very few of us get thinner and lighter as we age.

Noooo ..... baggy is bad!! :)

John will advise.

jacketimp

veli1 said:
Guys,

i buck the trend........

i'm 5 ft 7ins and can fit into an original a2 sz 38-40......age 51...........

that makes me a freakish imp........... :lol:

veli1

Noooo ..... baggy is bad!! :)

I agree with you 100%. We're not "Flying Tigers" but I don't want something like this :lol:

aeropostale.jpg

Chris217

I also own a GW Doniger, and it is without a doubt the finest repro A-2 I've ever owned. Well worth the wait.

veli1

Hello guys,

Thank you all for the answers- I'm going to pay a pre-deposit for my GW Doniger and I Think I'm Gonna Like It :D :D :D :D :D :D :D !

I saw Andrew's, Rumblefish and Tariacuri's jacket front and back-Anyone else got any more photos? Thanks.

rumblefish

veli1 said:
Hello guys,

Thank you all for the answers- I'm going to pay a pre-deposit for my GW Doniger and I Think I'm Gonna Like It :D :D :D :D :D :D :D !

I saw Andrew's, Rumblefish and Tariacuri's jacket front and back-Anyone else got any more photos? Thanks.

Great Jacket!!! You won't be disappointed. It came a bit snug, I wore constantly (in the rain when I could) then it molded itself to my body and truly became "my" jacket.

Enjoy it!

Chris M.