• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW C-2 Vest

DJS48

I don't know if this had been seen/discussed before, but in the book, American Flight Jackets, Airmen & Aircraft page 149, there's a Goodwear Knitting Mills C-2 vest depicted. Perhaps this was another segment to the first GW Leather Coat Company?

I vaguely remember when JC started his company, he mentioned GW Knitting Mills. Anyway, I wanted to pass on my "discovery" to the forum.

Cheers and Regards,
Don

greyhound52

Don,
He was well aware of the C-2 vest Goodwear as he did a photo shoot on my original a few years before he started his company. I mentioned it to him when he let me know the name he had chosen.

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
John's Good Wear home page notes the following ...

Near the end of World War II, a company in the U.S. named Good Wear Leather Coat Co. produced a B-10 jacket contract and one contract of A-11A flying trousers for the Army Air Forces. We have a set of trousers made by Good Wear Leather and the label from it is seen below.

There was actually a little more ...

• 1944: B-10, and A-9 trousers.
    1944: B-15, and A-11 trousers.
    1945: A-11A trousers.