• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW Aero 16160 size 44

Roughwear

CBI said:
RW - Do you have any photos of your original jackets that have this minimal wear look? My experience is that a 60 year old jacket looks like its 60 years old no matter what shape its in. This is why I stay away from originals. I used to own quite a few originals but that was 20 years ago. I have seen one ot two in the last few years that looked pretty darn good but they were fetching close to $3,000. During my collector days 20 years ago, I would have paid $300 for the same.

Check these out for the Perry, Poughkeepsie, Rough Wear and Doniger in my collection.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=152
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=460
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=161
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1852

Chris217

jacketimp said:
i want the real thing i get the real thing...........nothin simulated/replicated but then this is rerpos we're talking, right?

Imp, just out of curiousity, do you wear your original A-2's on a daily basis?

Roughwear

jacketimp said:
i want the real thing i get the real thing...........nothin simulated/replicated but then this is rerpos we're talking, right?

Perhaps like this? :)

006-15.jpg

007-17.jpg

008-19.jpg

006acs.jpg

007acs.jpg

008acs.jpg

jacketimp

Chris217 said:
jacketimp said:

Imp, just out of curiousity, do you wear your original A-2's on a daily basis?

no, chris..............i collect........hangar queenies

Roughwear

Here's some pics of the Imp's Perry A2. He's experiencing some technical difficulties getting them here so I've helped him out. I'm sure he will provide more commentary.

GetAttachment.jpg

GetAttachment1.jpg

GetAttachment2.jpg

GetAttachment4.jpg

Roughwear

No definitely not a repro as its impossible to source 100% authentic WW11 leather these days. Some sections of the HH resembles goat with its pebbly finish.

A

Anonymous

Both Andrew's and Imp's Perry's are STUNNING. Thanks for the piccies lads.

Dave :ugeek:

CBI

Andrew - thanks so much for posting these wonderful jackets. They look great and I have no reason to throw any stones - anyone would love these in their collection!!!!!

However, there is for sure some 60 year old leather there. I guess at some point, it dries out and there is some sort of shrinkage or deterioration. I notice this particulalry on the front wind flap and chest of many originals. The Perry's do look great, the jacket with you and the crusher does have that really old look (albeit in GREAT shape). It looks to be different wear than repro wear. These are all minor points, we all love these jackets. I can completelty see collecting the real thing, I used to do it but then again that was when the jackets were 20 years younger than now. Thanks again - wonderful stuff

ausreenactor

Final price of $525.99. Was this possibly due to the Jacket being a Test Version? Under bidder was the high bidder on the last of the seller's GW A-2's sold. Interestingly, no feedback has been left in two weeks by the seller for payment, or by the buyer for such a great item??