• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GW ACME B-6

mindful

It looks like a new original I like the yellow sheep skin fur how does he make these jakets that little bit better than eastman I think John knows what the customer is really looking for

raymos

Andrew,

It looks really really good... I wonder when he will do a B3? I'm sure that is in the works don't you think? How did you find those pics? Did John email you?

TankBuster

Very Nice!! He really does some great work. I know he also did a couple D-1 jackets off a original I sent him a couple years back.

767fo

Roughwear said:
They are all on his website. I feel the honey-coloured sheepskin is cool.

I couldn't agree more. The sheepskin looks perfect and his work is spot on.

ace1967

Excuse my ignorance , but would that be the correct collor fleece for an usaaf jacket ?
looks the same collor as on an irvin jacket.

tater

The link posted shows an original in a few views, and it looks pretty close in color to my untrained eye.

Roughwear

ace1967 said:
Excuse my ignorance , but would that be the correct collor fleece for an usaaf jacket ?
looks the same collor as on an irvin jacket.

The colour of the fleece on B-6 and B-3 jackets varied from almost white to a honey shade. The fleece on this jacket is darker than many original B-6s but it should lighten with use. If you look at the photos of Aero B-6s in Full Gear the fleece on some is very similar in colour to John's latest repro.

ausreenactor

Trying to find the page on the GW site? Was this a PM scoop? Cant find any details on price and specs aside from the photos link?

Couchy

derleicaman

Wow, looks great. I got a little bit scared not noticing the first three pics on John's site were an original. I thought he was doing a extreme "time worn" version!

I have a D-1 test jacket from John which I bought from him a few years back. I have been wearing it everyday now that the temps have fallen here. Nice and toasty and comfortable to wear. I have gotten numerous compliments on it. The fleece is much whiter that shown on the B-6. John told me back when I bought it that sourcing proper color fleece was the only thing holding back regular production of these jackets. Looks like another winner!

raymos

Everything John touches turns to gold.....He is a true artisan and master craftsman.......A real standard setter for sure......