• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Guess the maker/contract

atkins

Roughwear said:
Here are some black and white pics of two A2s. Can anyone guess the maker and the contract?

013-3.jpg

Aero_pock1.jpg

and the second jacket?

030-1.jpg

cable_epaulet2.jpg

033-2.jpg

cable_pocket2.jpg

After peeking Acmedepot ( thank you Marc ).#1, Pocket-wise,b&w-wise :) : Aero W535-AC-21996. #2 epaulette-wise:Cable Raincoat A-2, order number 42-10008-P.

Dr H

I don't which contract this is, but whilst others might like it and I don't doubt that it's authentic to the original, I have to say that I'm not particularly taken with the pocket flap design (somewhat exaggerated and top heavy IMHO).

033-2.jpg
[/quote]

GoodTimesGone

He stated that nobody got BOTH maker contracts right. One of us could have been halfway there. My guess was Unknown maker 27753 and Star Sportswear 28557 but I nearly chose Cable Raincoat 42-10008-P as one of them.

Roughwear

PLATON said:
the first one is cable 23382
and second is cable 10008-P

Platon was the closest guessing the contracts. I had also asked for maker. It was a bit of a trick question as Victor could see because I did not say they were originals.

The first jacket was made by GW and is an repro of a goatskin Cable Raincoat 10008-P in a size 46. The previous owner bought this jacket from John before the correct label was available and hand sewed it on.

014-1.jpg

018-1.jpg

016-3.jpg

The second is an Eastman-made Cable Raincoat 23382 in a size 44.

036-2.jpg

027-2.jpg

035-2.jpg

Thanks everyone who had a go at guessing the maker.