• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Great ORIGINAL A-2 flight jacket United Sheeplined

bombs away

442RCT said:
Whenever someone with this type of listing comes up, 9 times out of 10, I find out it's a member of this forum.

Bingo !

This one is mine. :mrgreen:

It's one of my best ones. The leather is really splendid.
I hope it will go to a good new house.

Tim.

Lignemaginot

TankBuster said:
asiamiles said:
Burnsie said:
and for less than a United Sheeplined repro!

It's quite common now for repro's to cost more than originals.

Of course that statement depends on the size and condition.;)

True; if I wore a size 38 or 40, I'd have no trouble picking up an original in decent condition for FAR less than a GW (which at the moment is the only repro I consider to be a true reproduction - so much so that I'd be concerned about being able to tell the difference from an original after it's been kicked around in for 10 years).

But I don't wear a 38 or 40. I wear a 46 with outrageously long arms. I had to send John my original size 46 27753 (the only original size 46 I've owned that truly had my arm length) for him to make the repro. Ended up buying two of them for some unknown reason (why do we do these things).

Anyway, I'm pretty sure that while a decent original size 38 (blank with no leather issues, repairs, etc) can be had for around $400-$500, the same in a size 46 would run you upwards of $2k, even these days.

Burnsie

I'll refrain from making a size does matter joke (whoops I just did) but it does floor me a little that as a size 42 if I had the clams to spare I could get a decent original for less than a repro. The originals have such history...but I guess we can't all be Roughwear Andrew now can we?

deeb7

Gone, but not forgotten.
..... and now it's sold. :D

I was trying to figure out the measurements, the man that asked the seller a question was right ... the 23" showing on the tape is closer to 59 cm, not 54 cm as listed.

Roughwear

The measurements are very similar to my size 42 Sheeplined. There is variation in the sizes of the same tagged jackets by this maker, but my money is on it being a size 42.