• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got my new B-15D Today

USMC_GAU-21

Just in off the internet. My new B-15D, Rolen Sportswear. She needs a lot of help but the price was right.

Going to put new zips on it from MASH. Then should be splendid.

4153214024_352b3df84b_o.jpg

More pictures coming.

r- Gy Dan

deand

Love it! Now does this mean you would part with any items you have previously acquired, perhaps? ;)

dean

Weasel_Loader

What size is it? My size 44 Rolen B-15D is one jacket I wish I could have back but it was on the short side with long sleeves. Wish Buzz would make some repros again of this model.

USMC_GAU-21

It is a 42 from the measurements. and yes Buzz would do well if they made this one.

And, if they made something bigger then a darn 44! On the treadmill I go.

r - Gy Dan

deand

Two beautiful jackets! One question: Are they sage? I mean, I think they should be, but they both certainly photograph grey. Probably just the photo-dynamics of the nylon.

dean

USMC_GAU-21

Absolutely Beautiful! Those are great shots!

thanks for sharing!

Dean, on my L-2B's what size and style are you looking for? I might send one your way if it fits?

r/Dan

USMC_GAU-21

oh, forgot to mention:

Freaking cutters tag still in it?????? Talk about "Minty of the Mint flavored Mint"

r/Gunny

deand

Dan, I wear a 44 or a 46 depending on the cut of the jacket. I'll make a unit cap for you! What unit would you like? I'll do my best. John Glenn, the Mig Mad Marine flew with the 51st Fighter Interceptor Wing. I could find out the squadron and put something together. It would make a great enhancement for your jacket and flight suit collection. Let me know your cap size.

dean

Tim P

deand said:
Dan, I wear a 44 or a 46 depending on the cut of the jacket. I'll make a unit cap for you! What unit would you like? I'll do my best. John Glenn, the Mig Mad Marine flew with the 51st Fighter Interceptor Wing. I could find out the squadron and put something together. It would make a great enhancement for your jacket and flight suit collection. Let me know your cap size.

dean

Unit caps for Korea!!! is that something you are doing commercially?

deand

Tim P said:
deand said:

dean

Unit caps for Korea!!! is that something you are doing commercially?

No, it's just a hobby. I try to reproduce what I've seen in photos. I wanted them to compliment my collection of nylon jackets. I try to find vintage caps, or simple fitted caps that I can put insignia on. I would love to do it commercially someday, but I lack the equipment to manufacture the 8 panel caps I 'd love to have, and I don't have an embroidering machine to make patches, so I paint them on different materials, trying to approximate what I can find in reference materials here and there. I've tried assembling felt pieces to make some, or working with iron-on blank linen-like trabsfer sheets. The next biggest challenge if simply finding the images of actual caps to work from.

dean

greyhound52

All this talk of B-15Ds I have to show my photos of my near mint B-15D mod. It is a Lion Uniform contract that was mod'ed. Worn by a test pilot for the F-105 program. Guess he got issued it put his birds on and then hung it in a closet. When I first got it I thought it was a Buzz Rickson repro it was so clean and shiny but it is the real deal. Enjoy. Size 40

IMG_0045.jpg

IMG_0046.jpg

IMG_0047.jpg

IMG_0049.jpg

IMG_0050.jpg

Weasel_Loader

That is a super nice Mod George. You sure can't beat that one. ;)

Gleb, you sure have a knack for finding mint nylon!!! ;)

USMC_GAU-21

That is one fine MOD. Great looking stencil and all.

Dean, would love a cap. Mig Mad Marine John Glenn is great. ;)

I will PM you.