• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Got me an Eastman A2!!

Got my New(S/H) A2 Yesterday. Eastman Seal A2 House with a Talon Zipper. Not sure if its HH or Steer??? But fantastic never the less.

Funny, I had no interest in A2's until I joined the Forum.................. you guys have a lot to answer for.... ;)

Now to fight the urge to buy another.........

Image0273.jpg

Image0274.jpg

grommet

Yes, that's the problem. I am struggling with the same demon myself. Would it be presumptive to ask what your weight and height is? I once ordered an Eastman size 40 which was too small in the chest for me.

Thanks Guys.
Yeah it is soft, Fits real Nice.

grommet said:
Yes, that's the problem. I am struggling with the same demon myself. Would it be presumptive to ask what your weight and height is? I once ordered an Eastman size 40 which was too small in the chest for me.
Its a size 42 but Im 44/45 round the chest, 34 waist and 5'7"ish. I went off the actual measurements of the jacket rather than the size tag. My experience is never trust the tag!

MikeyB-17

Good find. That looks very similar to mine, bought new in 1997, still going strong. I'd hazard a guess at steer, it looks to have similar appearance to mine, but many have gotten into trouble trying to tell the difference! :lol:

Marv

Does the jacket have a brass zipper and a stainless Talon slider as I have a ELC house A2 in goat from 2006 which does so it must be pre that date I suspect.
As for horse or steer, unless you can do a quick DNA test then you will never know I guess :D

Marv said:
Does the jacket have a brass zipper and a stainless Talon slider as I have a ELC house A2 in goat from 2006 which does so it must be pre that date I suspect.
As for horse or steer, unless you can do a quick DNA test then you will never know I guess :D

Yeah, it has, tho the Zipper Box is missing. Its got a different set up down there compared to other talons Ive seen. On the tape itself where the box once was is still a steel piece that the box must have been crimped over pretty much looks the same as the male pin on the other side of the zip. So Im not sure what was there originally? Whether it had a similar box to a Scovill or a later Talon that is a folded piece of brass or a cast alloy original type box that was just squashed over the top. Any Ideas? I just assumed the box would be the type that was crimped straight to the tape.... So I need a Box to suit that type of Zip. Can anyone help, im not fussed on the brand?

S6302965.jpg

Dr H

Marv said:
Or possibly Maldi-Tof-SIMS... :ugeek: