• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gordon & Ferguson M-422A size 48

galvestonokie

Here are some photos of a jacket that i am proud to own. It took me about 10 years of searching to find a jacket in this condition and size. This is a Gordon & Ferguson M-422A in size 48 (the first size 48 i have ever seen in a G&F M-422A).

The provenance on the jacket is that it was owned (and supposedly worn on combat missions) by a USN Lt who was a command pilot on the Navy version of the B-24 from the UK. He was awarded a DFC for sinking a German submarine in the Bay of Biscay. Sadly, this man passed away a couple of years ago.

The first picture is of the jacket when it arrived. sorry for the bad color from the flash. the remaining pix are following a bit of reconditioning.

The leather is amazing, like the other jackets of this type and age. Enjoy.

Bob

th_Christmas2011USA001-1.jpg

th_DSC01295.jpg

th_DSC01296.jpg

th_DSC01299.jpg

th_DSC01300.jpg

th_DSC01298.jpg

Roughwear

Lovely G&F M422a. It looks to me as if your reinstated photos show two jackets. The first and third pics appear to be of a different jacket with replaced wristlets.

galvestonokie

Good eye Andrew:

It appears i have not mastered the art of posting photos. The 1st and 3d photos are of a Willis & Geiger jacket i recently sold. the proper front and back view photos are below. sorry for the confusion. bob

gampffront.jpg

gampfback.jpg

Stony

Nice M-422a!

I actually saw an original size 48 G&F yesterday that a friend of mine owns.