• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GoodWear order

sbsandy

Hi Guy's
I have been a member for several years with very few post's. I really need some expert advise on which jacket to order from John (GoodWear)

I have several A2s lostworld,Gibson-Barnes,Ect..My question is Dubow or Werber???
I have the LW dubow great jacket just the wrong thickness of leather well you know the story.

I love both the Dubow and Werber but my eye's keep going back to the Werber I stand 5'7 around 170lbs normally take a 40short in most jackets. I guess i could be called short waisted.

My question after all this is which would be the best fit for my body type?? when properly fitted is the Werber easy to wear?
Boy any HELP would really be appreciated!!!!!
Thank you SBSandy

greyhound52

I would go with the Werber. GW Dubow's (and I have had two of them) tend to be a bit long in the front. Of course John can custom design the jacket to fit but Dubows tend to be longer (even on a couple of originals I have tried on). The Werber GW (and had one of his test jackets in that) was just the right fit for me in length (5' 10"" 174).

CBI

I own both a GW Werber and Dubow. Both are GREAT!!! The Dubow is a fuller fit; the Werber is a little more body hugging. A lot is going to depend on what type of leather you are going with in regards the look. For me, the Dubow has been a bit more versatile in terms of wearing it in public. In my view, it has a slightly more contemporary look (from my "flight jacket perspective") that the general public has no idea about !!!!!!!! Sounds like your body type would work well either way. Wow, I guess I am not help whatsoever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

sbsandy

I have been going crazy trying to figure out which jacket to order and from both of your post's it seems you guy's like the werber which was really my first choice. Just something about that jacket thats appeals to me.

Going to send John my LW Dubow for measurements the jacket really fits well 40 short. will be requesting his Red Russet Horse hide for the werber..
Thanks Again
SBSandy

airfrogusmc

sbsandy said:
I have been going crazy trying to figure out which jacket to order and from both of your post's it seems you guy's like the werber which was really my first choice. Just something about that jacket thats appeals to me.

Going to send John my LW Dubow for measurements the jacket really fits well 40 short. will be requesting his Red Russet Horse hide for the werber..
Thanks Again
SBSandy

GOOD CALL....

SuinBruin

Werbers run short to begin with. I tried on one of John's Werbers when I was trying to decide on a pattern and it was way short on me -- and John told me that he had lengthened the body by an inch from the original it was modeled on. If you're short in the torso, the Werber is probably a great pattern for you.

sbsandy

Thanks for the info! placed Werber order today sending John my LW A2 which really fits well. Hope he can work his magic for me. I have been reading all these posts about his great jackets really excited ,now the long wait.. just hope there will be some cool weather in late may. Thanks for the reply....

RudyN

I am also waiting for a Goodwear Jacket (Perry Sportswear A2 in Russett HH). I also hope I get it before it gets to warm. Ordered it in July 2008.

kobol

Good Choice on the Werber. I placed an order last November for one, so hopefully my jacket will be coming soon. At least the weather around here in Seattle usually stays cool enough for a light jacket almost year around.
With all the jackets GW has to offer and now the new Dubow pattern and others, choosing one becomes very difficult, but in a good way.

sbsandy

Boy I sure hope the wait is not 9months to get one of Johns Jackets. I wonder if the guy's were told the wait would be that long??

RudyN

My Good Wear A2 is done. I sent a name tag to John to have him sew it on and I will probably have it either late this week or early next week. The problem was that he had a large order to get out for a movie and that set him a ways behind.