• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

GoodWear Bogen & Tenenbaum AN-6552

better duck

Wow, that is really a great first "try" at a Navy jacket!! Amazing.
Great jacket too! I'd like to have one of those, as I like the A2 style waistband a hell of a lot more than the usual (in my eyes) flimsy ribrack waistband of the M422 and G1 jackets.
For years I have thought that the M422A and G1 are great jackets with only one weak point: the waistband; now here, it appears, it was already remedied (at least by this maker) at the birth of this great line of jackets!

dujardin

what a pure beauty,
simply splendid.
ANJ3 is not far ???????????????
great job John did again

congrats with this navy jacket

byeeeeeee Marcel

A

Anonymous

Great looking jacket !!

Does this mean that there isn't a massively long waiting time to get a jacket made now ?? Have all the forum members been satisfied and now the public is getting a look-in ?? ;)

Dave :)

fishmeok

Awesome jacket- I'm halfway through making an ANJ-3 based on a pattern I made from a trashed M-422A, and the amount of work required for these things is about three times as much as a standard A-2. The double stitched pockets, inside pocket, 5-piece back, 3 piece arms, etc (not to mention the reinforcement stitching on the back of the collar) make these very difficult to figure out and make. The liner alone takes twice as much effort as it is almost a copy of the jacket itself, including having a bi-swing back. Also figuring out how to make semi-realistic buttonholes (John clued me in on that) took some serious practice.

I suppose the market won't bear the actual cost to make these jackets, would be half again as much as an A-2 in my opinion.
Cheers
Mark

jacketimp

delta102uk said:
.....latest pics of a Bogen & Tenenbaum AN-6552 that John made over the Xmas Hols!!...I sent him an original B&T jacket a few weeks ago so he could copy it, and I'm sure you'll agree the finished product looks first class!.....

http://www.goodwearleather.com/photos/A ... gen_01_44/

Cheers!
Sean K

sean,

am i right to assume somehow that you manage to loop the queue? or was it arranged months back and you send the donor jacket recently?

imp

delta102uk

jacketimp said:
delta102uk said:
.....latest pics of a Bogen & Tenenbaum AN-6552 that John made over the Xmas Hols!!...I sent him an original B&T jacket a few weeks ago so he could copy it, and I'm sure you'll agree the finished product looks first class!.....

Cheers!
Sean K

sean,

am i right to assume somehow that you manage to loop the queue? or was it arranged months back and you send the donor jacket recently?

imp

......no queue jumping here!...the jacket was not made for me, John helped me id the original jacket and then offered to buy it as he'd always wanted to make a repro of this particular AN-6552.....

Sean K

jacketimp

delta102uk said:
jacketimp said:
delta102uk said:

Cheers!
Sean K

sean,

imp

......no queue jumping here!...the jacket was not made for me, John helped me id the original jacket and then offered to buy it as he'd always wanted to make a repro of this particular AN-6552.....

Sean K

thanks for clarifying!

Roughwear

Wow! Another masterpiece from JC and a great copy of a rare naval contract. I guess John will be busy with naval jackets as well as A2s. With all the extra work involved in making them I wonder what he will sell them for?

CBI

John’s Seal Goatskin is amazing. My Seal Goat 18091 A-2 arrived yesterday. Fantastic.

airfrogusmc

I've had a Monarch 422 on order for a while and if the goat look anything close to as nice as that I will be very happy.

veli1

Roughwear said:
Wow! Another masterpiece from JC and a great copy of a rare naval contract. I guess John will be busy with naval jackets as well as A2s. With all the extra work involved in making them I wonder what he will sell them for?

To be, or not to be: to buy bronco,doniger,dubow or Bogen & Tenenbnaum...? that is the question.. ;)

kkochheiser

CBI said:
John’s Seal Goatskin is amazing. My Seal Goat 18091 A-2 arrived yesterday. Fantastic.

I agree! I just received my 27753 (ordered at the end of March) in that leather and it is amazing. I'd second the vote for an AN-J-3 made out of it. Sadly, I just can't quite get past the fur collars of the AN-J-3A - G-1 jackets but otherwise I love them.

Kent

jacketimp

veli1 said:
Roughwear said:

To be, or not to be: to buy bronco,doniger,dubow or Bogen & Tenenbnaum...? that is the question.. ;)

shakespeare, when in doubt get em all..............says confucius! :)

airfrogusmc

jacketimp said:
veli1 said:
Roughwear said:

shakespeare, when in doubt get em all..............says confucius! :)

And wait till ya see the Monarch 422....

As sweet as all of the above...

jacketimp

[quoteAnd wait till ya see the Monarch 422....

As sweet as all of the above...[/quote]

alan,

pics when you have the mona(rch) lisa.......

Maverickson

delta102uk said:

Cheers!
Sean K

Sean without a doubt this jacket is truely first class! I can not begin tell you how fabulous this jacket looks. John out did himself on this one.

Cheers! Dave

oose

Hi,

Found a good pic of a label for you John...Hope it helps its a different contact No. to the one on your CD.

BJ.jpg

http://collections.naval.aviation.museu ... ?irn=18200

yours stu