• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Goodwear arrived!

Hawkeye

My Goodwear no-name 42-18246-P arrived yesterday, and I managed to get some pics of it being worn. My thoughts: this is my first high-end repro, coming straight off of a cooper/saddlery A-2. The difference is phenomenal in terms of quality, fit, look, feel and even smell. Now not having had an Eastman, Aero, etc I really can't compare but all I can say is I'm more than satisfied with it. And one thing I love is I can wear it unzipped and have the two sides of the jacket lie perpendicular to eachother, whereas on the saddley the waist knit would pull the edges of the jacket back to almost my pockets, almost creating a cape-like look.

Its a spray died 3 oz horsehide with a repro Talon. This is my first HH jacket and I'm really looking forward to breaking it in and getting that broken in HH "look" I see so much on the forum.And thank god you guys scared me off from getting a Us-Authentic HH, as I managed to get my GW for about the same price as a new USA HH jacket, I guess it pays to wait. Heres some shots, forgive the last one, it kind of betrays the hung over state I was in this morning ;)
This will definately NOT be my last GW, I can say for sure I will buy from John again :)
P7190102.jpg

P7190103.jpg

P7190104.jpg

P7190106.jpg

A

Anonymous

Nice jacket, your lucky, you have the weather to break it in, in one season. Living in California it takes three.

A

Anonymous

Nice repro! :D Seriously- it looks really good on you- your being built like a WW2 aircrewman helps too. What size is it?

Hawkeye

rotenhahn said:
Nice repro! :D Seriously- it looks really good on you- your being built like a WW2 aircrewman helps too. What size is it?

Surprisingly its a size 46, I thought it might tlook baggy on me as I normally wear 42s, but it ended up creating a nice ww2 look for me.

RudyN

Nice looking Jacket, for sure! I am getting ready to order my A2 from John. I am right now leaning towards a Perry Sporstwear in Russet Horsehide.

dujardin

helloooo,

splendid, just splendid.
i'm impatient to receive mine; normally in few days.

byeeeeeeeee marcel

veli1

Wow! Another Goodwear member...... Great fit and a very nice jacket!....Mr.Chapman is a true craftsman...I'm waiting for my doniger :D

Everything's been said about Goodwear and J.C, I can only add this : "True Craftsman are dedicated to the customers needs and providing quality workmanship at reasonable costs".

greyhound52

Great looking jacket. Unusually fitting jacket as had an original 42 and it fit. I thought you were so happy comeon smile :D

A

Anonymous

Hawkeye said:
rotenhahn said:

Surprisingly its a size 46, I thought it might tlook baggy on me as I normally wear 42s, but it ended up creating a nice ww2 look for me.

I'd say a perfect fit- it has big shoulders but doesn't look droopy- I like the bigger bomber crewman look. I think the tight WW2 A-2 is a Great Legend (not saying people didn't wear them that way- especially fighter pilots- just that you'll find as many period photos of relatively large A-2s. Hawkeye's is right in between IMO-perfect.) Yours looks very WW2 A-2!

Grant

The fit looks perfect and I really like the dull finish on the horsehide. The thickness of the hide also looks right. I'd say for your first repro A-2 you can't get much better than that!

Grant

... except maybe in a good russet horsehide. All of the originals I've seen of that contract were made from the most amazing russet hides. Still a killer jacket!

Hawkeye

The photos make it look more maroon than it is, its a seal brown in person, and I like the dull finish as well. And I have to say, to be told by Rotenhahn that the jacket fits perfectly and looks great is quite flattering, considering how passionate he can get about these jackets on the forum :) And thanks to all for your positive comments.

CBI

Was this one of the jackets that John was selling last week? It looks like one I almost went for! I did get a Dubow in goat.

Great find!

Hawkeye

CBI said:
Was this one of the jackets that John was selling last week? It looks like one I almost went for! I did get a Dubow in goat.

Great find!

Yes, he was selling a jacket from the same contract in cowhide, I pm'ed him about it and he offered the choice of the horsehide jacket as well. I'm pretty sure this is the example he used for this contracts photographs on his site.

better duck

Great jacket, still very smooth, that is: waiting to get all wrinkled and "lived in": post another set of pics in 6 months time, I promise you: then it will even look better!
Congratulations on a great purchase!

A

Anonymous

GO! Nice fitting, looking jacket, sure has the ww2 look IMHO.

bseal

Grant said:
... except maybe in a good russet horsehide. All of the originals I've seen of that contract were made from the most amazing russet hides. Still a killer jacket!

Heads up, J.C. just got some good russet horsehide. Here's a 16160 in a 44".

front_view1-16160.jpg