• Hey guys, I had to upgrade the VLJ software because the old one is being phased out. Please let me know of any issues in the SITE UPDATE THREAD. Thanks!

Goodwear 1933 Werber

tibor

He was 5'7", as most pursuit guys had to 'fit' in the cockpit. There were exceptions of course like R.T. Smith who was 6'4" ish, but then the P-40 was reasonably roomy. The tall guys were usually sent over to fly bombers.

bseal

I am galled that J.C. could be so sanctimonious as to:

1. Believe grain could exist on an early A-2;

2. Dare not to consult with this forum beforehand and;

3. Not get our permission first to build his customer's jacket this way.

I won't even speculate as to how the man spends his free time when we are not being marginalized. :)

zoomer

My ELC 1729 is a size 46. The collar is noticeably shallower than the GW's, perhaps because it wasn't scaled up from the (presumably smallish) original.

Last edited:

wittmann

After two years of waiting, it finally here.

The jacket is made with Italian HH, super nice leather, lots grain, soft, correct thickness, I just love it. John used vintage snap on the jacket, and a retro hockless zipper, I have to say, the zipper is not very easy to use.

As for the fit, I gave John all my body measurements and let him do all the rest. The jacket is a bit longer than I like an A2 to be, but not too bad.

nice jacket and wonderful HH.
The grain looks like goatskin. The HH of my ELC Werber 33-1729 is too smooth without breakin-in