• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Weather Leather special forum preference internet hoax

bfrench

Administrator
After consulting with siddhartha (our forum owner) I've decided to post the following.

(and I realize that no one is allowed to find fault w/ GW on this forum) Moderator italics

Above is a part of a reply in another thread - this is not an attack on the member but it is to address the concept that Good Wear Leather is somehow given special preference by this forum and its admins and mods.

If any member has the means of using constructive criticism on any makers' jackets including Good Wear Leather, then by all means lets see the wrongs and maybe the jacket maker will correct them.

That's always been the way it works here - what doesn't work is just product or company bashing especially without the constructive criticism.

What also doesn't work is for me just to sit back and let this reference to preference go unanswered.

We have very little moderator interference on this forum - it runs best with our own members being their own watchdog.

I've made the mistake of sitting back in the past when it comes to bashing and true to form, it was horribly wrong.

If you have any opinions that can improve a makers product then share them with us - if we're lucky the jacket makers will respond with a better product.

Bashing - NO (includes all makers)
Constructive criticism - YES (includes all makers without reservation)

ButteMT61

Re: Good Weather Leather special forum preference internet h

I'm glad you posted this. I remember the post/thread and I had deja vu as I have read the same things about Aero on TFL. Because certain makers have a good reputation and a loyal following, some interpret this as pandering, getting favors, kissing *ss, etc. I was even accused of writing positive reviews for Aero USA for favors in so many words. There are some bitter folks that frequent the boards.

There is no way a company like Aero or Good Wear could get such loyal followers if they put out sh*t. Not gonna happen. And yes, if you are the one guy that has something bad to say about them, expect others to disagree. Nothing wrong with that. But indeed, if you have a problem with a maker, give details, don't just bash.

I asked a member last week to please provide details on a reportedly phony eBay auction as we shouldn't make statements without data (IMHO). They were posted and the truth was obvious. We owe anyone making something or selling something here that much.

FlyingYankee

Goodwear to me is like a A Rolex watch. Once you have one you sell all your other watches.

airfrogusmc

FlyingYankee said:
Goodwear to me is like a A Rolex watch. Once you have one you sell all your other watches.

I would never sell this for a rolex.
IMG_7433.jpg

A

Anonymous

I have never owned a Goodwear. Wish I had the funds. I cannot see any reason to fault the maker, BEAUTIFUL HIDES, THE BEST QUALITY STITCHING, GEEZ I WANT ONE.

A

Anonymous

Can I bash Cooper :lol: :lol: :lol: Can we bash Manufacturers that are out of business?

FlyingYankee

airfrogusmc said:
FlyingYankee said:

I would never sell this for a rolex.
IMG_7433.jpg
Thats A very nice watch, I
should have said cheap watches.
When You buy something, Buy it ONCE!