• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Good Wear Security Aviation Togs 46.

B-Man2

Great jacket … and a better example of why you can’t go by the size label when purchasing these types of jackets . You must know your measurements and the jackets measurements . In this particular instance the jacket is marked a size 46, but the measurements are more indicative of a size 44.

Southoftheborder

Yes it went for a good price and the Security Aviation ones do get good money. But this seller sold two GWs for less than half of that each only a month ago.

mulceber

Apart from being more in line with a 44, the only thing that looks odd to me is the sleeve measurement seems a bit short. But the seller may be measuring straight down, instead of following the arc of the sleeve.

Grant

Sleeve length isn't too bad at 25", but the 24" back length including knits makes it very short in the torso. Definitely made for someone on the shorter side. From what I've read and photos I've seen, pre-war A-2's were cut long in the torso, so this makes it even more odd.

mulceber

BTW, JC just emailed me and said the measurements posted are WAY off. Pit-to-pit is more like 24.5-25 inches. I've asked if he's got the other measurements in case someone here is tempted.

edit: shoulders should be about 19.5 inches, sleeve length about 26.

Last edited:

Grant

BTW, JC just emailed me and said the measurements posted are WAY off. Pit-to-pit is more like 24.5-25 inches. I've asked if he's got the other measurements in case someone here is tempted.

edit: shoulders should be about 19.5 inches, sleeve length about 26.
Cool, but what about the back length?

mulceber

Couldn't recall off the top of his head, but he's 6'1", and it fits him about how you'd expect, so definitely a fair bit longer than 24 inches.
DSC00224.JPG

ButteMT61

Damn nice looking jacket! I really like that color too - don't see it often.
I doubt I'd ever buy another A-2 not made FOR me. They're just too finicky on my body...
Someone could get a great deal though.

B-Man2

Really would like to know the correct measurements on this one. Anyone been able to find them ?

Southoftheborder

It sold the second time for not far off half it did on the first go - £660. I wonder what happened because the original buyer must have had his bid in right at the beginning.